Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

Hahn is still committed to the idea that “the money will be spent,” though he’s not 100-percent committed to it all being spent in one place.

“I think it would be awfully foolish to say we're going to go out and spend whatever the amount of the offer (to Manny Machado) was immediately,” he said. “The point of that comment was there's other ways for us to allocate this money, and it's going to be allocated toward player acquisitions.

“You could argue some of it went to (Yasmani) Grandal, you could argue some of it went to the Eloy (Jimenez) extension or re-signing (Jose) Abreu or whatever we have coming down the pipe needs.

“That offer was over an eight- to 10-year period, so to say it's all going out the door in Year 1 just because it's sitting there, maybe, but it's got to be for the right players.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Jesus. This franchise is just so depressing 

They just suck all of the hope out of you.

I'm seriously considering investing significantly less time into my favorite sports teams right now. I'm way too invested emotionally. Might need to take a step back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

“The money will be spent...

... very slowly over the next few years...

... subtracting all of the money we spend on core player arbitration raises and extensions...

... and so slowly that you won’t even notice that we didn’t actually spend the money.”

You forgot overpaying Abreu for literally no reason.  Because that makes the team better over 3 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

“The money will be spent...

... very slowly over the next few years...

... subtracting all of the money we spend on core player arbitration raises and extensions...

... and so slowly that you won’t even notice that we didn’t actually spend the money.”

What pisses me off is he acts like the only way they have money to spend now is because they didn’t then

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

What pisses me off is he acts like the only way they have money to spend now is because they didn’t then

Yes, it’s like Hahn thinks the fans are stupid and don’t know that the payroll has been epically low over the past few years of the rebuild and their revenue has been up as a result.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245