Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m all for meltdowns, but this one is ridiculous. Want to know why the Sox didn’t want to go after him for a long deal?  He’s already like 5 years older than Manny was when he was a FA. I love Rendon, but there are other places to spend the money. 

3 years younger — Machado was 26 and Rendon is 29, and it’s reflected in their contracts.

Machado received 10 years and Rendon received 7 years.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m all for meltdowns, but this one is ridiculous. Want to know why the Sox didn’t want to go after him for a long deal?  He’s already like 5 years older than Manny was when he was a FA. I love Rendon, but there are other places to spend the money. 

yes thank you 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Where and on who though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

With as much as this board complains about defense......

Listen, of course Rendon makes this team better. It's just a dumb allocation of resources for the Sox. 

And what if Madrigal is ass?? Then all of a sudden you now need a 2B... wouldn’t sound like dumb allocation of resources. 
Signing Rendon, because you missed out on Wheeler, you move Moncada back to 2B, use Madrigal as a trade piece for a SP.. 
And if Madrigal ends up being good then you have more talent on your team.

And let’s be real a bad allocation of resources is signing Jeff Keppinger, LaRoche, Ervin Santana. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

And what if Madrigal is ass?? Then all of a sudden you now need a 2B... wouldn’t sound like dumb allocation of resources. 
Signing Rendon, because you missed out on Wheeler, you move Moncada back to 2B, use Madrigal as a trade piece for a SP.. 
And if Madrigal ends up being good then you have more talent on your team.

And let’s be real a bad allocation of resources is signing Jeff Keppinger, LaRoche, Ervin Santana. 

so you would move moncada back to 2nd bass where he struggle and now keep him at 3rd where he doing better

I thought Rendon was a waste of resources since this FO pretends to be on a section 8 voucher.

With that being said going in on him is the type of aggressive move we need to do. You then use Madrigal for a TOR SP.  The fact they weren't in on any of the top players is an indictment on this orginization as a whole.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That was wonderful. He wins the interwebs. 

As a Sox fan for longer than most here I have seen many many bad teams. Players come and go as do FO personnel and owners. If you don't have a sense of humor about it. It will anger you and drive you crazy; You can hope things get better but in the end it usually doesn't work out.

That's why a few days ago I made that post about it being so White Sox that the year they and we thought they'd spend the money the FA market goes apeshit after a few depressed years. It's like hey White Sox you are SOL again.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As a Sox fan for longer than most here I have seen many many bad teams. Players come and go as do FO personnel and owners. If you don't have a sense of humor about it. It will anger you and drive you crazy; You can hope things get better but in the end it usually doesn't work out.

That's why a few days ago I made that post about it being so White Sox that the year they and we thought they'd spend the money the FA market goes apeshit after a few depressed years. It's like hey White Sox you are SOL again.

How long have you been a Sox fan? 

I've been going since I was a little kid. I remember going around in my Starter Frank Thomas uniform pack as a 6 year old when the Sox were on their way to the 93 division title. 

My dad took me to a game in the old park when I was 3 so I could say I was there. I have no memory of it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

How long have you been a Sox fan? 

I've been going since I was a little kid. I remember going around in my Starter Frank Thomas uniform pack as a 6 year old when the Sox were on their way to the 93 division title. 

Since Gary Peters, Tommy John and Joel Horlen were pitching for the Sox. I was between 7 and 9 years old then  buying baseball cards , watching my older brother imitating Carl Yaztremski's batting stance and him calling me Willie because William is my middle name and McCovey and Mays were very popular.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
no edit.

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Since Gary Peters, Tommy John and Joel Horlen were pitching for the Sox. I was between 7 and 9 years old then years old then buying baseball cards , watching my older brother imitating Carl Yaztremski's batting stance and him calling me Willie because William is my middle name and McCovey and Mays were very popular .

I didnt peg you as a 60+ year old dude. 

Stay young at heart, my friend. 

I didn't find this out until later in life, but my dad isn't actually a Sox fan. He's a Dodger fan who despise the Cubs. 

I listen to my dad talk about Drysdale, Ron Cey, Davey Lopes and Steve Garvey all the time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I didnt peg you as a 60+ year old dude. 

Stay young at heart, my friend. 

I was at the Disco Demolition game. I was in Anaheim Stadium when the Sox clinched the pennant in 05. I was in Chicago in September for a hastily put together family reunion to watch my 85  yr old dad throw out the 1st pitch in the Sox DH that got rained out against Detroit. Danny Mendick caught it. It was sort of a commemoration of 4 generations of Sox fans gathered up from around the country for that game.We went to a game one year and I found a picture of my dad and 2 of my brothers in the program in an ad for Family Day in 1974 . The pic was a few years old but there they were. So here's a pic of the scoreboard with my dad and older brother , his great grand son and grandson.

IMG_0570.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was at the Disco Demolition game. I was in Anaheim Stadium when the Sox clinched the pennant in 05. I was in Chicago in September for a hastily put together family reunion to watch my 85  yr old dad throw out the 1st pitch in the Sox DH that got rained out against Detroit. Danny Mendick caught it. It was sort of a commemoration of 4 generations of Sox fans gathered up from around the country for that game.We went to a game one year and I found a picture of my dad and 2 of my brothers in the program in an ad for Family Day in 1974 . The pic was a few years old but there they were. So here's a pic of the scoreboard with my dad and older brother , his great grand son and grandson.

IMG_0570.jpg

That picture is awesome. Good memories.

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-rumors-anthony-rendon-reportedly-204901666.html
Rendon reportedly balked at use of deferrals in Nats’ offer

Max Scherzer's contract had over $100 million in deferrals, and Strasburg's has about $80 million as well.

Scott Boras talked Tuesday about how the deferrals leave room for the Nationals to sign 'Rendon and many players,' but it doesn't appear the Nationals have a great chance at bring Rendon back if they don't.

Edited by caulfield12