Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They signed Gibson... following up 10.7 fWAR created from just Lynn and Minor.  Two completely under the radar moves. 

They have a beautiful new facility.... their third in a quarter century, and as good a shot at Donaldson and Ryu/Bumgarner/Keuchel as anyone else. 

Yeah, I'm sure if the White Sox missed out on Machado but signed an arm with an ERA of 4.85 ERA last year fand would forgive them.. oh wait, they kind of did that with Nova. 

Give me a break. The Rangers have had a miserable off season and their fans are reacting the same as Sox fans last year. I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Well he successfully feigned high demand for a flawed player he was trying to get rid of, such that he got a GM to give him its #6 prospect for him.  That's something.

Except plenty of people around baseball think that was a fair deal. 

High demand? Give me a break.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This year or in general?  I’d say Minor & Lynn were pretty terrific additions, so let’s see how Gibson shakes out for them.

I dont think hes a bad GM, I just am pointing out that teams miss on their targets a lot... even teams that feel certain they're going to get a guy.

31 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Except plenty of people around baseball think that was a fair deal. 

High demand? Give me a break.

Note the word "feigned".  If your #6 prospect yields Mazara what does that tell you about this organization?

The pitchers that the Rangers signed miss bats; Nova, whom the Sox traded for last season, does not.   Sox could use those 2 pitchers.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As a Sox fan for longer than most here I have seen many many bad teams. Players come and go as do FO personnel and owners. If you don't have a sense of humor about it. It will anger you and drive you crazy; You can hope things get better but in the end it usually doesn't work out.

That's why a few days ago I made that post about it being so White Sox that the year they and we thought they'd spend the money the FA market goes apeshit after a few depressed years. It's like hey White Sox you are SOL again.

This is true. I laughed hard when I saw we only made the playoffs only 9 times in like 118 years. 

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Note the word "feigned".  If your #6 prospect yields Mazara what does that tell you about this organization?

Um, nothing?

Sox like Mazara. Some people really like Mazara some don't. 

And I love everyone constantly citing mlb pipelines prospect ranking lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I agree, Steele Walker was one of the best hitters in our farm system. I have him at #4 of the best hitters. #1 -Madrigal #2-Vaughn #3-Collins #4-Walker

Why gather good prospects and good hitters to trade them away for HR or nothing guys. I truly think Palka could put up the same numbers or better than Mazara.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I agree, Steele Walker was one of the best hitters in our farm system. I have him at #4 of the best hitters. #1 -Madrigal #2-Vaughn #3-Collins #4-Walker

Why gather good prospects and good hitters to trade them away for HR or nothing guys. I truly think Palka could put up the same numbers or better than Mazara.

Robert?

11 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

But he didn't.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

You have got to be kidding me.  Obviously you have not watched Palka play.  Some of our White Sox fans have no clue and say stuff just because they are mad at the organization.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

You have got to be kidding me.  Obviously you have not watched Palka play.  Some of our White Sox fans have no clue and say stuff just because they are mad at the organization.  

You do realize Palka put up better numbers in 2018 than Mazara ever has, right?  So not only is it possible, he actually has done it.

10 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

OK, I doubled checked and I'm right. So now what? 

Palka 0.7 WAR

Mazara 0.9 WAR

That is just 2018.  He has never hit more homers than Palka did, but has had better batting averages, better on base percentages, better OPS. And the guy is still 24.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Love 1