Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HahnsKiddieTable

Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Recommended Posts

Does he want to play 2B? Otherwise it’s a non starter for me, and likely the Sox. They aren’t going to jerk Moncada around again. Moncada is an elite defensive 3B. Leave him alone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would like to state though that despite the many people against rendon because it moves moncada around again...I think getting Rendon would be so clearly a net positive that you go for it. He's so good. I just also get some Adrian Beltre "he'l be good forever" vibes from him.

He doesnt want to play baseball past 35 years old. Rendon has hinted he'd prefer shorter bigger AAV because he doesn't want to play baseball into his late thirties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seems like there are better ways to allocate the $250M. Don’t get me wrong - Rendon is a stud and I’d love to have him. But we have a budding star at 3B and a super duper interesting MLB ready 2B that legitimately oozes with all the things this team has sorely lacked FOR YEARS. I really don’t want to trade Madrigal. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just seems like there are better ways to allocate the $250M. Don’t get me wrong - Rendon is a stud and I’d love to have him. But we have a budding star at 3B and a super duper interesting MLB ready 2B that legitimately oozes with all the things this team has sorely lacked FOR YEARS. I really don’t want to trade Madrigal. 

Rendon is better than Machado but still think money should to be spent where the needs are.  That would be starting pitching, RF and DH primarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the second part of the question: Where does Rendon see himself at 36?

“Hopefully not playing baseball,” Rendon said with a laugh.

Throw 200 at him for 5 years and see what happens if you really like him. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Rendon is better than Machado but still think money should to be spent where the needs are.  That would be starting pitching, RF and DH primarily.

I mean they could headline a trade for a power hitting RF with Madrigal in this hypothetical scenario or a solid #2 SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While ideally you can fit the perfect puzzle pieces into place, the Sox need offense and a lot of it.

$220 million would maybe be spent better if Yelich or Judge were available, but they are not. 
 

You sign a castellanos or ozuna you are gonna want to upgrade on them. You don’t have an inkling if that with Rendon.

That said, I’d put many pitching targets above him before I’d seriously prioritize this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I mean they could headline a trade for a power hitting RF with Madrigal in this hypothetical scenario or a solid #2 SP.

Madrigal will be with us in 10 years when the others have moved on.  He will be the next to sign an extension IMO.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, frogsplash31 said:

If Moncada can play right field, would be a great move. Never going to happen, but I digress 

It won't happen but Moncada did tell Renteria he  can play the OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Madrigal will be with us in 10 years when the others have moved on.  He will be the next to sign an extension IMO.

Yeah but in this scenario he would be expendable for a big OF bat or pitcher and the Sox would be in win now mode.  None of this is ever going to happen of course. But if you can get Rendon on a 5 year deal with this core around him and a couple more additions we could be the favorite in the Central imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

I would like to state though that despite the many people against rendon because it moves moncada around again...I think getting Rendon would be so clearly a net positive that you go for it. He's so good. I just also get some Adrian Beltre "he'l be good forever" vibes from him.

100% agree.  You fine a way to make the fit work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

 

This is hinting at trades, which outside of RF I’m struggling to understand when we have a ton of financial flexibility and minimal prospect depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This is hinting at trades, which outside of RF I’m struggling to understand when we have a ton of financial flexibility and minimal prospect depth

Wsd and others have suggested RF is filled via trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Orlando said:

 

I will also say this means goodbye to Stiever, Walker, and possibly Collins as those are the three I see most likely to be moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is hinting at trades, which outside of RF I’m struggling to understand when we have a ton of financial flexibility and minimal prospect depth

Ehhh, I don’t think it’s necessarily about trades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will also say this means goodbye to Stiever, Walker, and possibly Collins as those are the three I see most likely to be moved.

I’d move those guys for a RF in a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's about trades, I think it means exactly what it says.  

But yeah anybody after Vaughn in the minors should be expendable.  Madrigal becomes expendable if you land Rendon.  Just depends on what shakes out and what deals are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wsd and others have suggested RF is filled via trade. 

That makes sense to me given the lack of quality options on the market.  Just hope they don’t plan on trading for pitching because Reinsdorf won’t go the distance on years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×