Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If that was the case, we wouldn't have traded for Mazara with five outfielders piled up in our system from Winston-Salem through Charlotte.

The reason they only had the ammo to get someone as mediocre as Mazara is the lack of depth I’m talking about 

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Did you guys seriously think the Sox were going to sign Rendon? I never thought that was even a remote possibility.

As I said earlier, we are the most delusional bunch of sports fans anywhere.   Like people are really shocked here, Rendon was never if even a rumored candidate to begin with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This franchise really does expect all prospects to hit their ceilings and that will be enough. Depth be damned.

Yep and every single one of them are ass clowns. No chance the prospects alone will get them to where they need to be. This is where they fail at, they are so overly confident in the prospects to a fault 

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Did you guys seriously think the Sox were going to sign Rendon? I never thought that was even a remote possibility.

I’m wondering the same thing. I came into this thread and couldn’t figure out why there are so many depressed people. I thought it was pretty universally agreed upon that we had no shot at Rendon, Cole, or Strasburg. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t disagree, but they put all their eggs into the Wheeler basket and had zero backup plan.  Now with our affordable 1 win RF and most SP options off the board, it’s going to be hard to sport an even respectable payroll.

JR thinks under 90 million is very respectable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

As I said earlier, we are the most delusional bunch of sports fans anywhere.   Like people are really shocked here, Rendon was never if even a rumored candidate to begin with. 

Never expected them to land him so I’m not shocked but they should have been at the table for him. 

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This. I can understand getting mad over Cole, Strasburg, etc. (even if it wasn't realistic) cause we need pitching but Rendon? C'mon. 

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t disagree, but they put all their eggs into the Wheeler basket and had zero backup plan.  Now with our affordable 1 win RF and most SP options off the board, it’s going to be hard to sport an even respectable payroll.

It's incredible they didn't do more "due diligence" on his family background...either Georgia or comfort level with the East Coast/NL East.

It's not just the White Sox, as the Twins were willing to offer 5/$100, but both teams apparently got caught flat-footed, with Minnesota thinking they had the best offer and the White Sox definitely thinking that, from all reports.

After all, their entire off-season last year was constructed around the Friends & Family Plan.  You would think they would have at least figured out his best friend on the Mets (if it was someone other than de Grom or Thor) and acquired him.   Matz, for example.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

At this point, I hope they do get him. Get some type of SP at this point. Every day less and less options are available. 

They’ll land him or Price.  I don’t think they’re infatuated with MadBum and Ryu’s durability probaly scares them.  Keuchel is in that sweet spot between good and not good enough that will allow the Sox to get him on a three year deal and Uncle Jerry will love that.

8 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Of course not, but a savvy front office would have leveraged their financial flexibility by pursuing the beat guys available fit be damned.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

For what,  So we can hear Passan Tweet the "Sox put out a strong effort"?  I'm more tired of that crap than anything else.    

I’d rather them trying to actually get elite talent than bowing out before FA even starts.

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

Fans really want to believe the Sox are something they are not. 

This is false. I just don’t care to rewire my brain to believe that whatever Hahn and co allow themselves to be capable of is therefore the correct move.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They’ll land him or Price.  I don’t think they’re infatuated with MadBum and Ryu’s durability probaly scares them.  Keuchel is in that sweet spot between good and not good enough that will allow the Sox to get him on a three year deal and Uncle Jerry will love that.

Your logic makes perfect sense but Keuchel’s agent still has me questioning the Sox getting him signed.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245