Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would like to state though that despite the many people against rendon because it moves moncada around again...I think getting Rendon would be so clearly a net positive that you go for it. He's so good. I just also get some Adrian Beltre "he'l be good forever" vibes from him.

He doesnt want to play baseball past 35 years old. Rendon has hinted he'd prefer shorter bigger AAV because he doesn't want to play baseball into his late thirties. 

Just seems like there are better ways to allocate the $250M. Don’t get me wrong - Rendon is a stud and I’d love to have him. But we have a budding star at 3B and a super duper interesting MLB ready 2B that legitimately oozes with all the things this team has sorely lacked FOR YEARS. I really don’t want to trade Madrigal. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just seems like there are better ways to allocate the $250M. Don’t get me wrong - Rendon is a stud and I’d love to have him. But we have a budding star at 3B and a super duper interesting MLB ready 2B that legitimately oozes with all the things this team has sorely lacked FOR YEARS. I really don’t want to trade Madrigal. 

Rendon is better than Machado but still think money should to be spent where the needs are.  That would be starting pitching, RF and DH primarily.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Rendon is better than Machado but still think money should to be spent where the needs are.  That would be starting pitching, RF and DH primarily.

I mean they could headline a trade for a power hitting RF with Madrigal in this hypothetical scenario or a solid #2 SP.

While ideally you can fit the perfect puzzle pieces into place, the Sox need offense and a lot of it.

$220 million would maybe be spent better if Yelich or Judge were available, but they are not. 

You sign a castellanos or ozuna you are gonna want to upgrade on them. You don’t have an inkling if that with Rendon.

That said, I’d put many pitching targets above him before I’d seriously prioritize this.

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I mean they could headline a trade for a power hitting RF with Madrigal in this hypothetical scenario or a solid #2 SP.

Madrigal will be with us in 10 years when the others have moved on.  He will be the next to sign an extension IMO.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Madrigal will be with us in 10 years when the others have moved on.  He will be the next to sign an extension IMO.

Yeah but in this scenario he would be expendable for a big OF bat or pitcher and the Sox would be in win now mode.  None of this is ever going to happen of course. But if you can get Rendon on a 5 year deal with this core around him and a couple more additions we could be the favorite in the Central imo.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I would like to state though that despite the many people against rendon because it moves moncada around again...I think getting Rendon would be so clearly a net positive that you go for it. He's so good. I just also get some Adrian Beltre "he'l be good forever" vibes from him.

100% agree.  You fine a way to make the fit work.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is hinting at trades, which outside of RF I’m struggling to understand when we have a ton of financial flexibility and minimal prospect depth

Ehhh, I don’t think it’s necessarily about trades. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245