Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Again, for the children in the front, people can talk about how they would add to the team without needing to "believe" it is going to happen.

I think putting the chances of signing Rendon at 0% is silly anyway. The Sox plan of signing Wheeler fell through. They have to come up with a plan B. Maybe that is further bolstering the offense and defense by signing Rendon and moving Moncada to RF. Who knows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I think putting the chances of signing Rendon at 0% is silly anyway. The Sox plan of signing Wheeler fell through. They have to come up with a plan B. Maybe that is further bolstering the offense and defense by signing Rendon and moving Moncada to RF. Who knows. 

I mean realistically even when someone is a target of the white sox we are talking about a % of like 10% likelihood.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean realistically even when someone is a target of the white sox we are talking about a % of like 10% likelihood.

We are in agreement. Obviously unlikely to happen, but to say there is 0% chance while being condescending adds nothing of value. Let the people dream a little you scrooge. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

We are in agreement. Obviously unlikely to happen, but to say there is 0% chance while being condescending adds nothing of value. Let the people dream a little you scrooge. 

👏Require👏Percent👏Likelihoods👏On👏Every👏Post👏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm all on board with heavy pursuit of Rendon, no other free agent the next two years, outside of Betts, could help our contention chances more.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

You definitely have your finger on the pulse of the phillies spending.

Try posting to the post and not the poster, bud. 

Give it a go, and maybe you won't embarrass yourself calling someone an idiot and telling them to check their math when you apparently can't read.

If our opinions turning out wrong meant we should stop posting them, you would have been knocked out of conversations eons ago. 

Nothing funnier than when a guy attacks someone, is 100% wrong and instead of apologizing and moving on they double down and continue to ridicule said poster. Internet is a great place.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I'm all on board with heavy pursuit of Rendon, no other free agent the next two years, outside of Betts, could help our contention chances more.

I'd love the Sox to pursue George Springer when he becomes a free agent, I believe at the end of next season.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox should sign Springer and Betts next off-season. DISCUSS!

In all seriousness I’d love to be in the market for either of them if Adolfo and company continue on the path to out of baseball that they’re all currently on. 

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

So you disagree with me about pursuing Springer?  I am being serious...I would like to know your opinion on him.

Would love to have Springer.

Think between the two of them, with the expected prices, I'd rather have Springer because he won't demand the years (he'll be 31) and I think Springer's bat projects better going forward than Mookies. 

I'd run Daniel Palka out there every game this year if you guaranteed me they'd sign Springer next off-season.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

In all seriousness I’d love to be in the market for either of them if Adolfo and company continue on the path to out of baseball that they’re all currently on. 

Personally, I am good with pursuing a short term option for RF this season.  I may be very wrong, but I see Steele Walker as the long term answer in RF.  I think he will be a doubles machine on the South Side.  That being said, Springer is very clutch and might be more attainable $$ wise than Betts next offseason if we are pursuing a big name guy.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Think between the two of them, with the expected prices, I'd rather have Springer because he won't demand the years (he'll be 31) and I think Springer's bat projects better going forward than Mookies. 

I like Mookies health chances better as of now, Springer only has minor things but does seem to have a little nick every year and those add up.

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Getting Rendon is a no-brainer. Doesn’t directly fill a “need” but fills a different hole in RF (Moncada). I’d go 7-years, $250 million for Rendon.

We all can dare to dream, but the Sox inking Rendon would be the biggest signing in franchise history. There is no way that it could not be seen as a bold and incredible move for the club. 

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Personally, I am good with pursuing a short term option for RF this season.  I may be very wrong, but I see Steele Walker as the long term answer in RF.  I think he will be a doubles machine on the South Side.  That being said, Springer is very clutch and might be more attainable $$ wise than Betts next offseason if we are pursuing a big name guy.

Springer is still going to be extremely expensive next offseason and will be older than Rendon is, 31 vs 29

If the Sox were willing to offer huge money to Machado, why would they not at least consider going huge for Rendon, an arguably better player? 

Edited by steveno89

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'd run Daniel Palka out there every game this year if you guaranteed me they'd sign Springer next off-season.

Ah, the Palka clause.  I would take that tradeoff as well.  More $$ for pitching that way as well. ^_^

6 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Springer is still going to be extremely expensive next offseason and will be older than Rendon is, 31 vs 29

If the Sox were willing to offer huge money to Machado, why would they not at least consider going huge for Rendon, an arguably better player? 

Honestly think Rendon is going to get a 5/200 type contract.

Springer would cost a fraction of that - probably similar years, but significantly less in AAV. 5/150ish.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I like Mookies health chances better as of now, Springer only has minor things but does seem to have a little nick every year and those add up.

Also...what does his Krate/BBrate look like when he doesn't know the pitch.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245