Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

17 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Getting Rendon is a no-brainer. Doesn’t directly fill a “need” but fills a different hole in RF (Moncada). I’d go 7-years, $250 million for Rendon.

This is what I'm thinking. Shorter commitment than Machado. You could move Moncada to RF or back to 2B and use Madrigal in a trade.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Honestly think Rendon is going to get a 5/200 type contract.

Springer would cost a fraction of that - probably similar years, but significantly less in AAV. 5/150ish.

I don't think Rendon gets more AAV than Trout's $37.16 million starting next season. 

I do think Rendon gets mid $30's AAV on a 6-7 year deal. He rejected 7/210 from the Nats, so you know he's not singing for less than that. 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Can we please stop talking about trading Madrigal.  I really would like the payoff having to watch a full year of shitty White Sox baseball for the opportunity to draft the kid.  We will regret it if we trade him away IMHO.

I wanted to like this post, but you have a nice round 420 points so I don't want to change that.

Agree wholeheartedly. Excited to see Madrigal, and think he's going to be a very enjoyable player to watch for years to come. Enjoyed watching him at Oregon State.

10 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I don't think Rendon gets more AAV than Trout's $37.16 million starting next season. 

I do think Rendon gets mid $30's AAV on a 6-7 year deal. He rejected 7/210 from the Nats, so you know he's not singing for less than that. 

Reportedly, that 5/200 offer was what they floated at Bryce last off-season. Rendon is better than Bryce, and supposedly (hard to say for sure with baseball rumors) the Dodgers are prepared to offer Rendon something similar.

Trout got the 37.16 over 12 years. By reducing the contract to 5, I think Rendon will set an AAV record but we'll have to see. 

I'd be shocked if he signed a deal longer than 5 years - max 6. He has been pretty adamant that he has no desire of playing baseball into his late 30's.

Edit: Also, people cite the Nationals offers frequently - did so with Bryce as well. That offer supposedly had like 50 million deferred - similar to the offer they made to Bryce. Those figures aren't a real great representation of what was offered. 7/210 with 0 deferred money is worth a lot more than 7/210 with 50 million deferred paid out 10 years from now over a 5 year window etc etc.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Again, for the children in the front, people can talk about how they would add to the team without needing to "believe" it is going to happen.

And for the soothsayers  and rabbit's foot crowd, adding that piece would harm the team unless that extension is going to happen; thus, there's no point in adding him without the extension.

Edited by GreenSox

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

If twitter bans my fake Joff Passen account I’m gonna pick some random obscure relief pitcher from 25 years ago and go with that. 

So apparently, Passen was pissed about a Jeff Pasan account that got 5k+ likes on a fake "Cole to the Yankees" report. I was hoping it was Joff as well lol

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So apparently, Passen was pissed about a Jeff Pasan account that got 5k+ likes on a fake "Cole to the Yankees" report. I was hoping it was Joff as well lol

I tweeted at him in a thinly veiled attempt to expose the obvious parody. 

if Passan is gonna get pissy he needs to trademark his name and likeness. 

20 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

If twitter bans my fake Joff Passen account I’m gonna pick some random obscure relief pitcher from 25 years ago and go with that. 

If they ban it,  you should change it to Geoff Passen. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245