MLB announces Astros penalties

Jose Abreu

I'm just glad things haven't gotten so watered down, started to seem like penalties would lighten up but rumored to be at appropriate level.

The red sox stuff, it's bad they should cut it out, but there are so many steps that I can't get as mad. Still requires the guy on second.

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

They need to lose draft picks as well, suspensions and fines isnt enough. Totally worth winning a WS as it stands

I don't know about that. THrowing out their front office is a pretty big deal.

2 hours ago, Steve9347 said:

So the last two champs are illegitimate?

Nothing on the Nationals, yet.  But since 2017 and 2018 are illegitimate...the crown reverts to the previous winners in 2016.  So retroactively, Congratulations to the 3 time in a row World Series champion Chicago Cubs....now feel free to suck again for another 100 years Cubbies...your fans deserve it.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to MLB announces Astros penalties
7 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Huge!!!! Houston gets  crippled here and well deserved.

Very well deserved.  I'm shocked Manfred had the guts to do this.  They also lose their 1st and 2nd rounders next two years.  Pretty devastating penalty.  Should deter this bullshit in the future.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

7 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Huge!!!! Houston gets  crippled here and well deserved.

Hardly.  Losing 4 draft picks when you're the worst pick in the draft, and then likely at least worst 5 picks in the draft is hardly a crippling an org.

Suspending the GM and manager for a year is nothing.  That hardly affect the on field performance at all.

Disappointed in these "punishments".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hardly.  Losing 4 draft picks when you're the worst pick in the draft, and then likely at least worst 5 picks in the draft is hardly a crippling an org.

Suspending the GM and manager for a year is nothing.  That hardly affect the on field performance at all.

Disappointed in these "punishments".  

Couldn't agree more. From Houston's perspective, this was all worth it, and if they knew this would be the punishment before the whole thing started, they probably still would've done it. 

• Like 1