MLB announces Astros penalties

Jose Abreu

Pine Tar, Domestic Abuse and Sign Stealing: The Houston Astros Story

Coming soon to a theater near you.

Another example of why guys get so much better when they go to the Astros.  Maybe it isn't that they have a great analytics department.  Maybe they really cheat, a lot.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1

WOW the evidence just keeps piling on. There is a megathread on /r/baseball thats growing exponentially with video evidence. Its going to be interesting how MLB handles disciplining the players who took part in this. Bregman is one of the biggest offenders. Its going to be comical if he wins the MVP award. His reputation is completely ruined and will be for the rest of his career. 

Edited by reiks12

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

WOW the evidence just keeps piling on. There is a megathread on /r/baseball thats growing exponentially with video evidence. Its going to be interesting how MLB handles disciplining the players who took part in this. Bregman is one of the biggest offenders. Its going to be comical if he wins the MVP award. His reputation is completely ruined and will be for the rest of his career. 

The sheer amount of evidence coming out is comical.  BREGMAN'S FIRST CAREER HR was because of this.

Draft picks are not enough.  Hinch for one needs to be banned or suspended for a year at minimum.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wonder if Fiers thought that this wasn't going to be a big deal, or if he wanted to make this a big deal.

I mean, he clearly knew this was going to be a huge deal.

Aside from the Astros getting destroyed from the top down, I'm really curious to see what happens to Cora and Beltran.

It would be quite the LolMetsing if Beltran ends up suspended.

It still boggles my mind how they decided to use a system like this. Its so easy looking back now and looking for it. 

Tonight I am going to watch the game following the Farquhar one and see how we put our signs down and if things changed. If no ill laugh at how bad our coaches are/were.

Im also interested in rewatching Gios domination from earlier this year. The Astros got crossed up somewhere there too. Will be interesting to pick it apart.

19 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Pine Tar, Domestic Abuse and Sign Stealing: The Houston Astros Story

Coming soon to a theater near you.

Another example of why guys get so much better when they go to the Astros.  Maybe it isn't that they have a great analytics department.  Maybe they really cheat, a lot.

Oh the increase in spin rate is almost undoubtedly tied to some form of cheating. 

31 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wonder if Fiers thought that this wasn't going to be a big deal, or if he wanted to make this a big deal.

He wanted this to be a big deal, for sure.

I also want to add that while Fiers is taking all the heat here, there were other players who confirmed this but didn't put their name on it. Fiers gave  no fucks and I respect that. 

Transparency isn't a big part of clubhouse culture; which is why they got away with this for multiple years despite players leaving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

IMO he's clearly holding a grudge and wanted this to be a big deal. 

A grudge? Why portray him that way?

Maybe he just felt the cheating was wrong and had gone on too long and he realized no one else was going to speak up so he took the bullet to put a stop to it.

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

It still boggles my mind how they decided to use a system like this. Its so easy looking back now and looking for it. 

Tonight I am going to watch the game following the Farquhar one and see how we put our signs down and if things changed. If no ill laugh at how bad our coaches are/were.

Im also interested in rewatching Gios domination from earlier this year. The Astros got crossed up somewhere there too. Will be interesting to pick it apart.

The Sox were one of the few times that noticed and brought attention to it. Not sure how a sox fan can find a way to spin this negatively about Sox coaching... 

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Pretty sure it was the last time they faced each other that season

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not everyone is a self centered ass hat. Zero reason to think Fiers reported this for any other reason than he stated.

I think he probably did it to clean up the game a bit also,  but I'm sure that line at Minute Maid park made it pretty easy for him

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox may have reported their suspicion as well; can not confirm that though.

We know BoSox, NYY, Cleveland are all confirmed to have reported it since 2017.

I saw some memo or post that there have been multiple teams reporting it to MLB.  This would explain the Yankees doing all types of sign sequences against HOU even with nobody on base.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to MLB announces Astros penalties