Trade Candidates: SP

Jack Parkman

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Oh no I do.  I just don't think the Orioles would be trading their best player who happens to be a Rookie.

I added him because a was a decent pitcher on a rebuilding team.  Not sure what their window for contention is.  The price tag would be pretty high I would assume if he would be available.

28 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's trash, he had like hardest exit velo's or hard contact rates in baseball or something, but probably available.

Speaking of some trash, Kyle Freeland interesting buy low guy.  Not sure he would be available but he imploded spectacularly.

His π is y2+ x2 and his h2o is e=mc2.  That's pretty damn good.  

Edited by Harold's Leg Lift

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's trash, he had like hardest exit velo's or hard contact rates in baseball or something, but probably available.

Speaking of some trash, Kyle Freeland interesting buy low guy.  Not sure he would be available but he imploded spectacularly.

this post is a bit confusing to me. Gray actually has decent statcast numbers behind him, while Freeland, does not and by all accounts was actualyl really lucky his rookie year. 

Gray barrel % is above league average at 3.9% and sits right there with scherzer and strasburg. Now his hard hit percentage is bottom 20, which means balls are being hit hard, but not on the barrel which although not great, is also probably a sign of him throwing good pitches.

What you want, or what you aim for in my opinion is ground ball out pitchers. Because with a good, rangy infield (which we should have) you can consistently count on those being outs. Now these aren't the type of guys you necessarily want to go for you in game 7 of the playoffs, but these are nice innings eaters who get you to that level.

Dakota Hudson is a good example (not that hes available), but he pitches to contact, groundballs, gets outs, but is prone to a few seeing eye singles and bad games. ACtually Ivan Nova was top 10 in the league in ground ball outs, which really isn't a terrible resigning to eat innings. But others that are or may be availble are Ryu (5th) S. Alcantara (13th) Wade miley (17th), Wheeler (24th) Martin Perez (23rd), Musgrove (32nd).