What about Collins?

MeanJoeCrede

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Insert confused emoji.

Honestly, I think McCann is just that guy for 2020.  He'll catch against lefties, Grandal to DH or 1b, with Abreu taking the other spot. Collins gets starts against RHP, mostly at DH, but some C and 1B sprinkled in.  

As of right now it would be McCann, they could be looking for another bat though 

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not exactly opposed to EE, but if the Sox bring him in, Collins is definitely not on the MLB roster and is either in AAA or traded.  Just way too many 1B/DH types in that scenario to make it work on the roster.  

But if EE is cheap enough, its not a terrible idea.  Collins can get everyday reps in AAA, and he'll certainly get his opportunity. He does still have 2 options.  

Ultimate shove in move.  Trade with Boston to acquire JDM and Benintendi. Trade Collins for RP.

• Like 1

Silly to trade Collins. Collins is Grandal but only 25 years old.  I say we platoon Collins, Grandal, McCann at C, 1B, and DH. Get them all maximum plate appearances. 

If anything we need outfielders now. Dickerson seems like a good pickup to play RF. Attach that along with Billy Hamilton signing to lead off and play CF would be the icing on the cake!

To get Bennitendi alone it would take Madrigal and Vaughn...too much to give up.

Edited by Chisox378

15 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Silly to trade Collins. Collins is Grandal but only 25 years old.  I say we platoon Collins, Grandal, McCann at C, 1B, and DH. Get them all maximum plate appearances. 

If anything we need outfielders now. Dickerson seems like a good pickup to play RF. Attach that along with Billy Hamilton signing to lead off and play CF would be the icing on the cake!

To get Bennitendi alone it would take Madrigal and Vaughn...too much to give up.

Please, please stop with the Billy Hamilton talk! He isnt now and never has been a solution to anybody's centerfield or lead off needs. He has no business being on any major league roster as anything but a pinch runner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bruh, Luis Robert will be up by May 1st.  Why the fuck would they sign Billy Hamilton.

40 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Bold and not sure I agree, although I am a fan of Collins...But with Grandal and Vaughn in the picture long term and likely Abreu...hard to see a role here

If you can get someone of value under controlled with a package around Collins I'd do it (Benintendi, Haniger, Mazara)

18 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bruh, Luis Robert will be up by May 1st.  Why the fuck would they sign Billy Hamilton.

Even if we didn't have Luis Robert, why the hell would we sign Hamilton?  He makes Engel look like Mike Trout at the plate.

12 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Bold and not sure I agree, although I am a fan of Collins...But with Grandal and Vaughn in the picture long term and likely Abreu...hard to see a role here

If you can get someone of value under controlled with a package around Collins I'd do it (Benintendi, Haniger, Mazara)

Something doesn't belong here...not sure what 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Still not getting the Mazara love.  Unless we got him fir next to nothing I don't see the point.

I'm not a proponent of moving any assets for anyone at this stage

If you can steal nay of these guys in a fleece or near fleece you do it

Mazara a FA in '22 and only 24...As this team takes shape, guys will become expendable (Collins? Sheets? OF prospects?) and as this team competes needs will become more clear

If the money is right I'd rather sign Castelanos or Puig...and if they whiff, look into Avi as a stop gap for Adolfo/Rutherford/Basabe/Walker/Gonzalez

23 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Not really. If we're going to spend that much money on a primary catcher, I don't trust that Collins is going to be anything better than an 8th/9th hitter next year, at least not until proven so.

I guess you can make me ok with it if you're signing Grandal and Stras and you have a good RF solution.

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Castellanos, RF
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Collins*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

That lineup wouldn’t work for you because of Collins as the DH?

10 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

Step up your troll game bro.

18 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

In my opinion Collins needs over 500 plate appearances. McCann 500-550 and Grandal 600.

That looks ideal. But I was looking at the wear and tear of catching.  Grandal breaks down most years so I think if he drops down from 130 to say 100 and is the DH for 30-40 that might be ideal for him and the team.  

Edited by SCCWS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

That looks ideal. But I was looking at the wear and tear of catching.  Grandal breaks down most years so I think if he drops down from 130 to say 100 and is the DH for 30-40 that might be ideal for him and the team.  

McCann for 500-550 is not ideal. If the season started tomorrow and Collins was the primary DH, McCann should play a little more often than a normal backup behind the plate against lefties and giving Grandal a day off/a day he can DH.