Will Madrigal be ready for 2020 opening day?

Chisox378

My answer is....yes! His numbers show that he is ready for the MLB level already(minors stats show 51 bb, to 21 k's with a .309 average and .377 obp.) He also won a Gold Glove.  He can be placed as the leadoff hitter or even better.... the #2 spot.  This can open up Danny Mendick to an outfield position. My idea is to sign Billy Hamilton to play CF and leadoff with Madrigal in the 2 hole.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

My answer is....yes! His numbers show that he is ready for the MLB level already(minors stats show 51 bb, to 21 k's with a .309 average and .377 obp.) He also won a Gold Glove.  He can be placed as the leadoff hitter or even better.... the #2 spot.  This can open up Danny Mendick to an outfield position. My idea is to sign Billy Hamilton to play CF and leadoff with Madrigal in the 2 hole.  

What on tarnation is this...

• Like 1

Yeah, let's sign a guy who can't hit a baseball to start in place of a guy who should be one of the best hitters on the team next season.

Otherwise, Madrigal may be ready for opening day, but I don't think he starts with the team.  He'll come up mid-season...maybe.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Yeah, let's sign a guy who can't hit a baseball to start in place of a guy who should be one of the best hitters on the team next season.

Otherwise, Madrigal may be ready for opening day, but I don't think he starts with the team.  He'll come up mid-season...maybe.

I doubt we see games with Madrigal and Robert after the initial couple weeks.  They'll both be up for good by late April, barring injury.  

54 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Madrigal is suited for #1, #2 or #9.  He will undoubtedly start at #9 but like you...I think #2 is his future batting order placement.

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

Madrigal will not be up on opening day, for pretty clear service time reasons. Same goes for Robert. 

1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

The better question if is Hahn and JR stop being penny pinchers and try and win out of the gate

The best question is why an informed Sox fan would want Robert and Madrigal  to be on the OD roster? At this point, that would be insane! We’re talking about less than 20 games most likely folks. 

16 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

The better question if is Hahn and JR stop being penny pinchers and try and win out of the gate

I'm with you here. If Madrigal hits over .300 in the spring and continues to walk and not strikeout then he should play opening day. Forget the money, we want the wins and to show the AL Central we are serious about winning.

• Like 1