White Sox Offseason Rumors

teorey23

5 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

I’m convinced that either we will be underwhelmed by the White Sox moves (Encarnacion, Puig, Calhoun and or Keuchel) or we will be blown away by moves or signings that no one saw coming (big trades/big FA signing or both). There will be no middle ground. 

I think they will end up w a budget of $125-120 Mil. That to me( 50% increase) will be middle-ground. 

8 hours ago, teorey23 said:

Absolutely nothing is happening right now, someone, anyone bring us rumors. This HOF (Konerko) talk and Astros cheating news is old news. 

Anybody got anything??

excuse me, theyve been renamed:

the houston asterisks 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

I’m convinced that either we will be underwhelmed by the White Sox moves (Encarnacion, Puig, Calhoun and or Keuchel) or we will be blown away by moves or signings that no one saw coming (big trades/big FA signing or both). There will be no middle ground. 

I think the first scenario you describe is the middle ground.  Completely underwhelmed would be an offseason like last where the biggest signing is a 2 year $18M deal and few trades for shitty vets on expiring 1 year deals.  There isn't much "middle ground" between the two scenarios you describe, unless you're talking something like Cole + Rendon + Wheeer + Castellanos, which obviously is complete fantasyland and never going to happen, because no team in MLB could pull that offseason off.  

2 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

If the Pirates are serious about trading Josh Bell I’m going all in. Anyone not named Robert, Madrigal, Yoan, TA, Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Cease would be on the table. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/mlbtr-poll-josh-bells-future.html

That's a name I'd consider moving one of those guys that aren't Robert, Eloy, Yoan, Gio for

4 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

If the Pirates are serious about trading Josh Bell I’m going all in. Anyone not named Robert, Madrigal, Yoan, TA, Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Cease would be on the table. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/mlbtr-poll-josh-bells-future.html

I love Josh Bell....but he’s nothing special. His defense is Abreu-esque 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love Josh Bell....but he’s nothing special. His defense is Abreu-esque 

Hes actually even worse defensively.

Hes a great case in point for baseball caring a lot less about defense than 1st base WAR does.

Bell was a 2.5 WAR player. If he was made available, his package would equal that of a 4-5 WAR talent not A 2.5 WAR talent.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes actually even worse defensively.

Hes a great case in point for baseball caring a lot less about defense than 1st base WAR does.

Bell was a 2.5 WAR player. If he was made available, his package would equal that of a 4-5 WAR talent not A 2.5 WAR talent.

Bell (26) - .277 / .367 / .569  / wRC+ 135

Abreu (32)  - .284 / .330 / .503 / wRC + 117

We need a DH let Bell or Abreu focus on one or the other but Bell would be a massive offensive upgrade at DH. 

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Just my opinion, but I think the two pitchers that the Sox will get will end up being Wheeler and Keuchel. I don't like Keuchel but as a #4-5 he's ok. 

The Sox are not going to sign 2 pitchers to multi year deals. So unless Keuchel takes a 1 year deal, that’s not happening. 

Wheeler + Wood or Smyly makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Sox are not going to sign 2 pitchers to multi year deals. So unless Keuchel takes a 1 year deal, that’s not happening. 

Wheeler + Wood or Smyly makes more sense. 

I think Keuchel is going to get a 2 year deal and I think they'd be ok with that. It frees up Lopez/Dunning as trade chips to fill RF. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Keuchel is going to get a 2 year deal and I think they'd be ok with that. It frees up Lopez/Dunning as trade chips to fill RF. 

Those are not particularly valuable trade chips. I literally don't know who you're thinking about with those, Reddick with the Astros paying half? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Those are not particularly valuable trade chips. I literally don't know who you're thinking about with those, Reddick with the Astros paying half? 

Despite Lopez's crappy year, he still had 2.3 fWAR last year. If someone believes they can get more out of him. Dunning I could see being worse than that, but I still think that Lopez holds more value than you think. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Despite Lopez's crappy year, he still had 2.3 fWAR last year. If someone believes they can get more out of him. Dunning I could see being worse than that, but I still think that Lopez holds more value than you think. 

He should have some value but not enough to get anyone really of use. Seriously, attach a name that you think you could get with those 2? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What?  Lopez is a 2 win starter with tons of untapped potential and four years of team control.  Plenty of teams would have interest in him.  To say a worthless player like Reddick who is under control for only one more season is the best we could get (even with some pay subsidy) is quite frankly a stupid take.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What?  Lopez is a 2 win starter with tons of untapped potential and four years of team control.  Plenty of teams would have interest in him.  To say a worthless player like Reddick who is under control for only one more season is the best we could get (even with some pay subsidy) is quite frankly a stupid take.

+100.  Pretty sure all 29 clubs would have interest in Lopez if Sox were looking to trade him.  He's been a top 15 pitcher in the AL both of the last two seasons per fWAR.  Sox fans wildly undervalue him because he's been wildly inconsistent, and that for sure limits his value.   But he's still a rock solid back of the rotation pitcher, with upper middle rotation upside, under control for 4 seasons - that has value.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He's not worthless, he's worth more than a Mazara or a Polanco, but not a whole lot more than that. Seriously, what exciting player that can actually start are people thinking they'd get for him? 

• Thanks 1