White Sox Offseason Rumors

teorey23

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He's not worthless, he's worth more than a Mazara or a Polanco, but not a whole lot more than that. Seriously, what exciting player that can actually start are people thinking they'd get for him? 

Nimmo, probably straight up. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So are you if you think the Mets would give up Nimmo for those 2.

I don't even think it would take both. Just Lopez. Nimmo's been hurt and only had 1 good year. Lopez has more team control than Nimmo. 

You're over valuing Nimmo and under valuing Lopez.  

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The Mets gave up Kelenic + other prospects and took on a huge chunk of Cano’s salary to get a really good reliever.  I think it’s fair to think anything is on the table with them.

Assuming that other teams are likely to make bad moves is usually not a reasonable way to plan for these deals, but as long as from now on everyone says "And yes this deal is terrible for them but the Mets are stupid enough to do it" when they say something like that then I can't complain.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Assuming that other teams are likely to make bad moves is usually not a reasonable way to plan for these deals, but as long as from now on everyone says "And yes this deal is terrible for them but the Mets are stupid enough to do it" when they say something like that then I can't complain.

It's not even terrible for the Mets. Nimmo for Lopez makes sense for them as they have an outfield glut and are losing Wheeler. And I wouldn't trade Lopez for Mazara. That deal is awful for the Sox. That's a pretty even trade in terms of value. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

In this thread, people with no actual knowledge of any player's true value on the open market, will make absolute declarations about every player's value on the open market. 

We're not making absloute declarations, just our opinions. 

What's the point of discussing offseason moves then? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not even terrible for the Mets. Nimmo for Lopez makes sense for them as they have an outfield glut and are losing Wheeler. And I wouldn't trade Lopez for Mazara. That deal is awful for the Sox. That's a pretty even trade in terms of value. 

Nimmo has 3 years of control left, was a successful first round pick, was hurt for 1 year, and was a 4+ win player in 2018. If we traded a guy like that for a 4th starter even with some ceiling, I'd be very angry, unless the guys medicals were terrible. 

If we traded pre-2019 Rodon for a Lopez and a Dunning equivalent, I'd have assumed they thought Rodon was likely to get far worse and they needed to dump him before more  injuries happened. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We're not making absloute declarations, just our opinions. 

What's the point of discussing offseason moves then? 

The point?...To generally excite, entice and often frustrate the fan base...rinse, repeat.

This board is becoming fucking toxic. We're all supposed to be having fun here and we're all cannibalizing each other. 

I feel like nobody can even make a post anymore on any forum without being attacked. Those that feel optimistic get attacked, those that feel pessimistic get attacked, those that are neutral get attacked. All have valid points.  Let's stop fucking eating each other and have fun. This is supposed to be fun. It's really not anymore. 

I feel like I'm on a political board, that's how bad it is here. 

Everyone is divided into cliques, and they spew vitriol at anyone who disagrees. 

I used to really enjoy posting here and I don't anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Nimmo has 3 years of control left, was a successful first round pick, was hurt for 1 year, and was a 4+ win player in 2018. If we traded a guy like that for a 4th starter even with some ceiling, I'd be very angry, unless the guys medicals were terrible. 

If we traded pre-2019 Rodon for a Lopez and a Dunning equivalent, I'd have assumed they thought Rodon was likely to get far worse and they needed to dump him before more  injuries happened. 

Balta, I want to apologize for the way I went about disagreeing with you. That was rude and over the top. Everyone needs to be more civil here, myself included. 

This board has devolved into the epitome of the Screaming Lady/Hissing Cat meme. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This board is becoming fucking toxic. We're all supposed to be having fun here and we're all cannibalizing each other. 

I feel like nobody can even make a post anymore on any forum without being attacked. Those that feel optimistic get attacked, those that feel pessimistic get attacked, those that are neutral get attacked. All have valid points.  Let's stop fucking eating each other and have fun. This is supposed to be fun. It's really not anymore. 

Everyone is divided into cliques, and they spew vitriol at anyone who disagrees. 

This is 90% of team forums that have the recent history the Sox do.  From 2012-2016 nsbb.com basically ate itself out of relevance before the Cubs started winning.  Soxtalk isn't nearly that bad yet in fact the forum seems to be growing.

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I never got invited into any cliques. This sucks!

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So wait, you actually believe the Sox would need to give up Lopez, Dunning and Madrigal or Vaughn to acquire Brandon Nimmo?

Holy hot take!!!

No but I don't see why the Mets would give up Nimmo without either Madrigal or Vaughn coming back from us, and Lopez and Dunning should be looked at as having very little value if you're trying to acquire a legit player. He's a first round talent who put together a nearly all star level 2018 season and who has 3 years of control remaining. Even if there's a roster crunch, you can always find room to play outfielders if you have to (See: the Dodgers). There is zero reason for them to trade him for scraps.