White Sox Offseason Rumors

teorey23

42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This board is becoming fucking toxic. We're all supposed to be having fun here and we're all cannibalizing each other. 

I feel like nobody can even make a post anymore on any forum without being attacked. Those that feel optimistic get attacked, those that feel pessimistic get attacked, those that are neutral get attacked. All have valid points.  Let's stop fucking eating each other and have fun. This is supposed to be fun. It's really not anymore. 

I feel like I'm on a political board, that's how bad it is here. 

Everyone is divided into cliques, and they spew vitriol at anyone who disagrees. 

I used to really enjoy posting here and I don't anymore. 

Should this have been in all CAPS?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No but I don't see why the Mets would give up Nimmo without either Madrigal or Vaughn coming back from us, and Lopez and Dunning should be looked at as having very little value if you're trying to acquire a legit player. He's a first round talent who put together a nearly all star level 2018 season and who has 3 years of control remaining. Even if there's a roster crunch, you can always find room to play outfielders if you have to (See: the Dodgers). There is zero reason for them to trade him for scraps.

I agree there is zero reason for them to trade him for scraps, and I know what he brings to the table - I have been one of the biggest proponents of acquiring him.

Honestly, I think a Lopez for Nimmo isn't outrageous.  4 years of control vs 3.  Inconsistency versus injury concerns.  Both have good pedigrees.  I honestly don't even know if I love it for the Sox as its selling low on Lopez, but seems close to fair.  Lopez is not scraps, and is considerably more valuable than you're giving him credit for.  I also don't think you'd need to give up a top 30 prospect in the game to acquire Nimmo.  Madrigal/Vaughn + Lopez + Dunning could get you pretty much anything you want outside of a group of elite players, and Nimmo ain't in that group. 

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you want to be part of my "I still like the White Sox and don't think Rick Hahn is the Anti-Christ" clique, you're welcome to join. It's just me. Having a meeting on Thursday. 

Will there be cake 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you want to be part of my "I still like the White Sox and don't think Rick Hahn is the Anti-Christ" clique, you're welcome to join. It's just me. Having a meeting on Thursday. 

My  "I still like the White Sox but Rick Hahn really is the Anti-Christ" clique will be meeting across the hall.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Agreed, listened to this and was repulsed by some of the suggestions. 

A lot of out-of-town ignorance there, but I agree with Sherman’s overall theme of trying to get deeper. It’s time to at least crack 81-81 and be positioned for sustained playoff appearances in 2021-25. 

9 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you guys believe is a fair enough punishment? First 3 draft picks in next 2 or 3 drafts? More? Less?

Depending on investigation results, some version of a "Show-cause" penalty for the leadership.

I don't know how to punish the players but there should be something. Fines to the players? 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Depending on investigation results, some version of a "Show-cause" penalty for the leadership.

I don't know how to punish the players but there should be something. Fines to the players? 

Why wouldn’t you just suspend the players?  Other forms of cheating warrant suspension, why would this be any different?

15 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you guys believe is a fair enough punishment? First 3 draft picks in next 2 or 3 drafts? More? Less?

I’d say that’s a good starting point, but also the forfeiture of international bonus pool and suspensions and/or bannings.  They really have to make an example of these guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’d like to suggest locking this thread. Any rumors that surface can go in the specific thread for that player. 

Anybody agree?

I love the Sox so much it sucks sometimes. I have faith in Hahn, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been awful at his job overall. I just hope he's learned from past mistakes and will continue to get better. That includes convincing Kenny and JR to spend money. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I love the Sox so much it sucks sometimes. I have faith in Hahn, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been awful at his job overall. I just hope he's learned from past mistakes and will continue to get better. That includes convincing Kenny and JR to spend money. 

I’m with ya. Simply just gotta open the pocketbook and “augment” the roster with a few elite talents FA over the next 15 months and they could really build something.

Hard to argue with the “ill believe it when I see it crowd” though, frankly.