Omar Vizquel will not return to managing in white sox system in 2020

Whisox05

I don’t understand what Getz is implying as the reason for the parting of ways.  Why would we want to part ways if he was great at everything?  I wonder if they did not like certain aspects of his coaching (like desire to platoon actual prospects) or if he possibly asked for a promotion to AAA.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t understand what Getz is implying as the reason for the parting of ways.  Why would we want to part ways if he was great at everything?  I wonder if they did not like certain aspects of his coaching (like desire to platoon actual prospects) or if he possibly asked for a promotion to AAA.

Apparently his heir apparent status was not accurate.

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

So you admit that the only thing that was ever attractive about Vizquel was that he was not Rick Renteria?

Not necessarily .   I  just thought Vizquel appeared to be an "up and coming" managerial candidate that would force Renteria out  very soon.   

Now his dismissal re-enforces that the Sox might see Renteria as the long term answer and that scares me. 

Bring him up to the MLB team and let him work with Anderson and the young players.  Nope.  Lets get rid of him so we can have more of our patented white sox who think the leather thing on their hand is to keep their hand warm and to swat at the round objects being hit at them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean hes not going to bash a departing minor league coach who is just starting out, a well liked one at that. You'd only expect to see positive comments from Getz. There were numerous complaints he bunted too much and plantooned real prospects. Guessing those were the reasons.

"We just felt with where things are at, our player development system, that it was time to go separate ways"

Pretty telling this is the Sox choice though. 

The soxtalk narrative was that he was the heir apparent. Not true apparently. I believed it myself but it's pretty clear they love Jirschele too, who is at the opposite side of the spectrum.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I bet he is mad that he wasn't being looked at as the White Sox manager in 2020.  

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

This was always silly. 

I could care less if the was the heir apparent.  We have major leaguers who cant catch a baseball.   He should of been up here working with them ala Ron Washington.  Whomever is working with Tim Anderson needs to be shown the door.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Huh?  You expect Getz to publicly discuss the things about Omar they didn’t like?  One thing this organization does have is class

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I could care less if the was the heir apparent.  We have major leaguers who cant catch a baseball.   He should of been up here working with them ala Ron Washington.  Whomever is working with Tim Anderson needs to be shown the door.  

I'll bet Ozzie wouldn't mind having a chat with him. Does any one remember him yelling at Frank to work on his 1st base skills instead of goofing around taking

grounders at SS?