"Would you like to play a game?" Offseason Edition

KrankinSox

The hot stove is cold. There are no rumors and there is no action.  We are a couple of weeks away from the Winter Meetings, so until then we basically have nothing to do with our lives other than work and spend time with family at thanksgiving (good or bad thing depending who you ask).

So, let's play a game. 10 offseason questions. Answer all 10, the person with the most correct answers wins. Deadline for submissions is when 1 of these answers becomes officially answered.

1) Will any free agent contracts exceed $34.5 million in AAV?

2) Will any free agent contracts exceed 7.5 years in guaranteed length (does not include option years)?

3) Will the White Sox sign one of the top 5 free agent contracts, based on total guaranteed dollars, this offseason?

4) Will the White Sox sign a free agent to a deal of at least 5 years in length?

5) Will the White Sox sign a free agent for a contract exceeding $100 million in guarantees?

6) Will the White Sox make a trade for a starter at one of their key positions of need (SP/C/DH/RF)?

7) Will the White Sox trade one of their top 15 prospects according to MLB Pipeline (Robert, Kopech, Madrigal, Vaughn, Dunning, Walker, Stiever, Basabe, Rutherford, Collins, Adolfo, Gonzalez, Sheets, Thompson, Dalquist)?

8 ) Will Jose Abreu sign a multi-year deal with the White Sox?

9) Will the White Sox agree to an extension with any MiLB players like they did with Eloy last offseason?

10) Other side of town: Will the Cubs trade one of their "core 4" position players (Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, Contreras)?

1. Yes.  I think someone goes 6 years, 35 mill AAV for Cole

2. No

3. Yes.  They sign Wheeler

4. Yes.  See #3

5. Yes.  Also see #3

6. No

7. No

8. Yes

9. Yes.  They will extend Giolito.

10.  I refuse to answer on the grounds that I do not give a crap

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

1. No

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. No

6. Yes

7. Yes

8, No

9. No

10. Who gives a fuck? 

Are people answering no.1 based on all free agents signed by all teams or just what the Sox will do ? I mean i'm surprised seeing so many no's for #1 if that applies to every free agent contract signed in all of baseball.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are people answering no.1 based on all free agents signed by all teams or just what the Sox will do ? I mean i'm surprised seeing so many no's for #1 if that applies to every free agent contract signed in all of baseball.

Even if someone gives Cole $240M for 7 years, that still would be under $34.5 AAV. 

What kind of contract do you see somebody getting that would make that question a “yes”?

4 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Even if someone gives Cole $240M for 7 years, that still would be under $34.5 AAV. 

What kind of contract do you see somebody getting that would make that question a “yes”?

I could see Rendon getting $35M AAV if he's serious about not playing after age 35 . 5yrs @ $35M would be $175M