Abreu Signs 3/$50M Extension

BigHurt3515

12 hours ago, hi8is said:

May another reason for this signing be as such...

when Moncada and Robert negotiations for extensions take place, Jose will be there urging them to trust the White Sox as fair?

If that's the case, going by JR's newfound generosity with Abreu, Moncada will get $250 million and Robert $125 million.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, hi8is said:

when Moncada and Robert negotiations for extensions take place, Jose will be there urging them to trust the White Sox as fair?

#Truth

One down, one to go...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, hi8is said:

Hummmmmmmm...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Was Jose there holding a gun to their head while they signed? I'm interested to hear how it went down.

Nope, they respect him so much they took his word that playing here long term was the answer. Had we fucked Jose over, I doubt we get these deals done this quickly and team friendly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Nope, they respect him so much they took his word that playing here long term was the answer. Had we fucked Jose over, I doubt we get these deals done this quickly and team friendly. 

This is a tall claim. Some proof would be great. I think it's the millions of dollars that got it done, not the opinion of a geriatric ballplayer. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You have zero proof of this.  Abreu being around could definitely be a contributing factor in these guys wanting to extend but you have zero proof of it being the ultimate reason as opposed to the players simply being swayed by buckets of money being offered to them.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

45 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You have zero proof of this.  Abreu being around could definitely be a contributing factor in these guys wanting to extend but you have zero proof of it being the ultimate reason as opposed to the players simply being swayed by buckets of money being offered to them.

Why would Moncada & Robert need buckets of money after their initial signing bonuses?  They don’t and still signed extensions anyways.  That is all the proof one should need to understand Jose’s impact here.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would Moncada & Robert need buckets of money after their initial signing bonuses?  They don’t and still signed extensions anyways.  That is all the proof one should need to understand Jose’s impact here.

Because more buckets of guaranteed money is good? 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is a tall claim. Some proof would be great. I think it's the millions of dollars that got it done, not the opinion of a geriatric ballplayer. 

Look at the Chicago Bulls as a reference. The perception that they don't take care of their own has led to them signing no stars, while every other decent sized market can. If you listen to the players talk you can tell they love Jose. Look at their reactions to his extension. They did get paid, but that money could have come from another team. Moncada could have forced a trade in two years if he wanted, or held out for a much bigger dollar total.

Also, all over twitter our very own fans were begging for Jose to come back long term. Lastly, Jose's value will increase when he moves to DH next year. He loses a lot of value because of his defense. If he focuses all of his attention on hitting and being a leader, the contract while be fine. 

15 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

14 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Asking for proof is a bit far-fetched don't you think ? Short of " I love Jose and that the Sox gave him an extension and  I  love the Sox treating my Cuban brother with respect and dignity which has influenced me beyond most people's comprehension into signing to play more years for this wonderful organization " by Jimenez, (not Cuban)  Robert and Moncada , how would one get any proof ?

For the last year all we have heard is that there's no reason for guys with big signing bonuses ( Robert and Moncada) to sign extensions and in Moncada's case it's a great deal for the Sox. You can continue to ignore Jose's influence and chalk it up to Hahn or the extra money but Jose and the clubhouse culture created by Abreu and to some extend Renteria have played roles, perhaps even major roles.

To deny it's existence or minimize it or expect it to be the "ultimate reason" just seems like a very hard line stance . I don't see this happening with any other club, 3 potential great players signing extensions while constantly praising a veteran player's influence as much as possible.