One thing I can not get over..

Ben Waffleson

Listen. Im stoked about Grandal. I hope this is the beginning of a dynasty like the rest of us on this board.

After watching MLB network tonight; I just can not get over the James Shields for Fernando Tatis Jr Trade. Imagine the  flexibility we would have as a franchise.

I beleive this team has depth to acquire a star caliber player.

However; in this what if scenario, imagine having a player like Tatis in our core... Our Sox could fantasize about any star player to add to this dynasty via trade. Our current depth is jaw dropping itself; but lets Imagine having Tatis Jr. into the mix

I have faith in our baseball ops; we have always proved to make ‘interesting’ moves. However; no matter what the results are in the next 2-5 years , I cant help but to dream of the max potiental this team could have. 

This is not meant to be a negative post. It was a poor early season trade. I beleive that this trade made our baseball ops department more disciplined in future trades. As a fan, I just cant help but to imagine what if...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

110 k's to 30bb in 372 pa. I'm not very hot on Tatis Jr. If he batted a full season he would have been one of the leaders in strikeouts.

You're tough to impress then. He would of led the Sox in OPS and OBP. As a 20 year old. The guy is probably the best young player in baseball.

My post above was only saying the rebuild as a whole is > Tatis Jr, since I don't see any way we had him plus all the goodies the rebuild has acquired at the same time.

• Love 1

Yes, I'm tough to impress when you make Taris Jr. to be the next Griffey Jr. Let's put it this way; I think Moncada is a little above average hitter, he strikes out too much. I don't think Taris Jr. is a better hitter than Moncada. Tatis Jr. is a first pitch hitter,once pitchers get ahead of him he struggles mightily.

Edited by Chisox378

7 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Yes, I'm tough to impress when you make Taris Jr. to be the next Griffey Jr. Let's put it this way; I think Moncada is a little above average hitter, he strikes out too much. I don't think Taris Jr. is a better hitter than Moncada. Tatis Jr. is a first pitch hitter,once pitchers get ahead of him he struggles mightily.

You're putting way too much emphasis on strikeouts. The game has evolved. The 70s are over, but Archie Bunker says hi.

Strikeouts are selfish. They don't move runners over or make the defense work. The don't get a batter on base. They kill rallies.  Players that choose to try to hit a HRs instead of giving up themselves and their at bat for the best of the team, are selfish hitters.  This is the last thing I'll say: players that lead the league in strikeouts, no matter their HRs and OBP, are not the best hitters in baseball.

Edited by Chisox378

1 hour ago, Sarava said:

We have to remember, many of the rebuild pieces added probably don't happen without the failed Shields for Tatis trade. There is no world where we still have Tatis, but also have Moncada, Giolito, Robert, Eloy, etc.

I totally disagree. Tatis was an A ball player when this started.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Strikeouts are selfish. They don't move runners over or make the defense work. The don't get a batter on base. They kill rallies.  Players that choose to try to hit a HRs instead of giving up themselves and their at bat for the best of the team, are selfish hitters.  This is the last thing I'll say: players that lead the league in strikeouts, no matter their HRs and OBP, are not the best hitters in baseball.

Look at his spray chart. 

He hits with more frequency and pop to the opposite field compared to pretty much any young hitter in the game today. 

Remember...he was only 20. Moncada required how long to hit his stride? 

Personally... I think he's closer to an 875~900 ops guy than 950~1000+, but his base running and defensive ability (once he settles into his career) are Top 3~5% in the big leagues.   He already has the best arm... and still might grow another 1/2" or 1".   When all is said and done... a player of that size has never managed SS in the way he does in terms of athleticism.   A Rod is the best comp, not Griffey Jr. 

IF IF IF he can stay healthy. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

This is his very 1st year in the majors, let's see if he makes adjustments

And I think we have some outstanding young talent but Tat is is a superstar offensively and defensively.

• Like 1

I'd complain and yeah it sucks, but this still can become a dynasty based on their young core

Abreu, Grandal...Robert, Moncada, Jimenez, Anderson, Vaughn, Madrigal, Collins

Gio, Kopech, Cease,...Rodon, Lopez, Dunning, Stiever, Lambert, Thompson, Dalquist

With money to burn AND the #11 overall draft pick

Time to keep stocking the farm and start winning ball games

6 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

*Complaining about 

a 20 y/o rookie

striking out too much*

*Me*

IMG_20191123_103248.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

Increased K's are a part of the game now.  You just have to accept it.

Tatis is awesome.

However OP, if the white sox didn't make this trade, they would have made other moves around it. You can't just take the trade away and assume all else stays the same. (butterfly effect?). So, if it eases your mind, they probably still would have traded him away for a different package or something a long the lines. Who knows.  Ultimately, not worth banging your head about. 

• Like 2