One thing I can not get over..

Ben Waffleson

I can't believe we just LET Quintana go. He was a 22 year old LEFTY coming off a 10-2 record with a sub 3 ERA and we just dumped him on the side of the road.  We are the dumbest organization ever.  If we'd kept him we probably win three World Series and then we trade him to the Cubs...imagine our team with Jiminez and Cease added to our core....its the fifties all over again.  Honestly I cant get over it.  Wait...this is meatball Yankees talk, right?  

• Love 2

14 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

110 k's to 30bb in 372 pa. I'm not very hot on Tatis Jr. If he batted a full season he would have been one of the leaders in strikeouts.

Dude... what in the hell? This dude was a 20 year old and one of the best two way players in baseball when healthy. lol

He K'd a lot... who cares? That's what 20 year olds tend to do. He also was a straight up phenom. 

28 minutes ago, Richie said:

Dude... what in the hell? This dude was a 20 year old and one of the best two way players in baseball when healthy. lol

He K'd a lot... who cares? That's what 20 year olds tend to do. He also was a straight up phenom. 

He had a great 80 games. 110 Stikeouts in 80 games is a lot. 18 errors in 80 games is a lot.  One major injury in one season is a lot.    I think it's fair to wait before we put him in the hall of fame.     

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

He had a great 80 games. 110 Stikeouts in 80 games is a lot. 18 errors in 80 games is a lot.  One major injury in one season is a lot.    I think it's fair to wait before we put him in the hall of fame.     

And yet... he still had a 4.2 WAR in half of a season. I mean, Jesus people. You're just deluding yourself. 

I'm done dwelling on the trade.

But no... it's really not too early to call him a complete superstar. 

The fact that you're judging him as a 20 year old as if he's square in his prime says that. The kid flashed everything and then some last season. 

When you bring a 20 year old up not named Juan Soto. They tend to be rough around the edges and still a bit raw. But good god almighty... what a talent. 

Edited by Richie
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to point out that Rick Hahn seems very confident with this off-season. After signing Grandal, he said there was much more work to do. He also sounds like he knows we will be signing some more good talent, but wants to wait first to let it happen. It feels good knowing how hard they are working behind the scenes.