Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

20 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

Familia and Conforto for Dunning, Collins, + 

Who says no?

Hopefully the White Sox (the Mets would say no to).  No interest in trading away starting pitching on this team that is devoid of starting pitching.   Sox can live with a weak hitting RF.  They can't live with this pitching staff (unless each of Kopech, Dunning and Rodon produce immediately off of injury  and some AAAA guys find new life in the pen).

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Fuck it, at this point I say just do it, but I’d have to keep Dunning and replace him with a lesser prospect.  May not be enough but I’m not giving up both Lopez & Dunning for a one year rental.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For which side?  Us I assume?

Yes. Giving up an MLB asset and creating that hole, then trading from the only depth we have at that position go replace him (dunning) and then just throwing in a prospect that could be an MLb player as well... all for 1 year at 20 million for betts in a year where the sox are not guaranteed to be good. 

And that person is paid to write about baseball.

Dunning had the injury so cant say this quite as certainly, but I felt dunning had the highest floor as a SP among all the prospects.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Do what he Dodgers thought was a good idea years ago.  Take on the Red Sox bad contracts because while those guys are over paid they can help.  I am talking about Price and JDM.

There is talk from Boston beat writers that Sawks would include Benintendi with Price (or Eovaldi) just to get rid of that contract.

21 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

They should kick the Mets tired freaking hard.

I agree. Kick those tires on Conforto and Nimmo and ... gasp. Cespedes. 

If Cespedes was literally "free", meaning we trade Alex Call type guy AND the mets take on $17mm+ I'd do it. One year deal on Cespedes at $12mm or less and I'd roll the dice. 

38 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I also think there's no chance the Red Sox are trading Mookie Betts. 

That organization will give Price and JD away for free before they let a player of Mookies caliber walk. An organization like the red Sox cant let a HOF caliber player walk in his prime.

Betts is a great player but sadly for Boston...one year rentals just don't have much value relative to the player being traded.  I hope we remember this when Moncada, Robert and Anderson are two years out.  We need to extend them or trade them while they still hold top value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

I agree. Kick those tires on Conforto and Nimmo and ... gasp. Cespedes. 

If Cespedes was literally "free", meaning we trade Alex Call type guy AND the mets take on $17mm+ I'd do it. One year deal on Cespedes at $12mm or less and I'd roll the dice. 

Is he even supposed to be ready by opening day or at all next year?

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Betts is a great player but sadly for Boston...one year rentals just don't have much value relative to the player being traded.  I hope we remember this when Moncada, Robert and Anderson are two years out.  We need to extend them or trade them while they still hold top value.

They should easily land a top 100 prospect and a couple other good prospects at least for him despite the one year.

27 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It's at least pretty interesting that some people say it's a horrible trade for the White Sox and some people say they would jump on it right away because we'd have to give up more.

Does that mean it's actually a fair trade?

I think trades for one-year controlled superstars are the hardest to value.  He could provide significant surplus value next year alone despite a high salary, but most teams don’t like the idea of paying up for only one year of value.  That being said, the acquiring team would also get a comp pick if he leaves, so that too must get reflected in the price.  Usually it ends up being a trade that both sides feel uncomfortable with.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.