Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, daggins said:

I... don't think there's anything to that account? Like, it seems completely made up?

Anyways I don't hate Dickerson and think he could be good but i'm not going to be happy if he's the big OF addition.

For two years? Assuming it is two years for about $15 mil.

Edited by Saufley

23 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Puke

If not Castellanos, then make a trade

Aside from 2017, Joc has been a 2.7-3.5 fWar player in his career. Aside from 2018, Calhoun has been a 2.1-3.4 player in his career. Yeah Joc does his damage in fewer PAs because he has stronger platoon splits, and Calhoun is older so he's projected for about 1.5 fewer WAR next year so maybe it is worth trading something minor for that upgrade, but I struggle to see how the difference between those 2 next year comes to "one is fine and one is puke". 

1 hour ago, RTC said:

I can come to peace with a whole lot of other options for RF not named Marcel Ozuna.

Kole Calhoun is starting to feel like the easy way to greatly improve the position while not spending foolish money or giving up worthwhile prospects.  I still prefer Pederson but only if the asking price is modest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The White Sox should say no to this ask. 

An expensive not great player with one year of control should not bring a solid return. 

At similar dollar amounts you can have Joc or Calhoun and Stiever. I’d definitely take that.

While I’m not supportive of trading Stiever for Pederson, it’s very possible Joc outperforms Calhoun by 2 to 3 wins next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While I’m not supportive of trading Stiever for Pederson, it’s very possible Joc outperforms Calhoun by 2 to 3 wins next year.

I get that, it's also possible they do the same thing as last year and they're quite comparable players. But even if Joc outperforms him by 2 wins, what is a total of 2 wins worth to this roster? If Stiever just becomes a bullpen pitcher, over 6 years of control, 2 wins isn't much at all to get out of that.

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Aside from 2017, Joc has been a 2.7-3.5 fWar player in his career. Aside from 2018, Calhoun has been a 2.1-3.4 player in his career. Yeah Joc does his damage in fewer PAs because he has stronger platoon splits, and Calhoun is older so he's projected for about 1.5 fewer WAR next year so maybe it is worth trading something minor for that upgrade, but I struggle to see how the difference between those 2 next year comes to "one is fine and one is puke". 

Joc honestly would be fine. But Calhoun sucks.  I'd honestly rather throw Leury out there for another year than go with Calhoun

Edited by ChiSox1917
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I would take a flyer on McKenzie. Low war but good ops found gold in LF. He is a Kenny stealth radar guy. Good fit for the org. 

Too big a risk in terms of uncertainty...they can’t afford another revolving door of AAAA level players.  And LFer’s usually don’t have enough arm to play RF.  Not always, but have you watched him play?  

It’s the exact same reason we can’t afford to pay Ozuna $75-95 million for lackluster defense and unpredictable offensive outcomes at that salary level.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Too big a risk in terms of uncertainty...they can’t afford another revolving door of AAAA level players.  And LFer’s usually don’t have enough arm to play RF.  Not always, but have you watched him play?  

It’s the exact same reason we can’t afford to pay Ozuna $75-95 million for lackluster defense and unpredictable offensive outcomes at that salary level.

Have not watched him but you don't think he is MLB? Oddly enough Eloy is more comfortable in RF. 

10 hours ago, fathom said:

That would be quite underwhelming if they can’t bring in some other quality free agents.

If you’d have told everyone when we were celebrating only having $12 million on the books we’d be able to sign Keuchel and Dickerson ...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bmags said:

If you’d have told everyone when we were celebrating only having $12 million on the books we’d be able to sign Keuchel and Dickerson ...

I’ll take Keuchel if it means Castellanos/Ozuna.  If they have to settle for the cheaper SP options, they better sign a stud RF and add some good bullpen pieces.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’ll take Keuchel if it means Castellanos/Ozuna.  If they have to settle for the cheaper SP options, they better sign a stud RF and add some good bullpen pieces.

What stud RF will they sign then

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.