Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At something like 3/$45M I might take a shot.

This is about my max for both Ozuna and Castellanos. But it’s at least a year and at least $20M short IMO. At 3/$45M, I could live with their very obvious shortcomings, and hopefully they’d remain tradable. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

This is about my max for both Ozuna and Castellanos. But it’s at least a year and at least $20M short IMO. At 3/$45M, I could live with their very obvious shortcomings, and hopefully they’d remain tradable. 

Exactly, he becomes movable at that price point.  Castellanos I would go a little higher.

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe.

Marte > Castellanos > Peterson > Ozuna > Kalhoun > internal option (Leury etc)

I truly believe they will not play ball with Boras. Everyone they have been confirmed to be after have been the few non-Boras guys. if they don’t match with the pirates and don’t want one year of Joc, this is an ok outcome in my opinion.

EDIT: is Ozuna a Boras Guy???

Edited by Orlando

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Why would Ozuna be flying to Chicago to sign with the White Sox on Monday when their entire front office is in San Diego?

Also...if they reached an agreement then that is the report who cares if it is signed.

Just now, username said:

Two things:

1) Not sure why we keep talking about Ozuna being a bad fielder.  He’s actually pretty good out there and can also play CF. 
2) In 2017 and 2019 he had reverse splits.  Actually hit much better against righties.  So the balance piece is achieved. 

What are you basing #1 on? A stupid gold glove he got a few years back? Ozuna is a well below average fielder, and his arm is shot. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.