Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

2.4 2.6 and 2.8 along with the 4.5 and 5.0 seasons argue he’s much closer to 3 than 2.   Or, to be more accurate...expected 2-3 fWAR.

Yeah it is bWAR vs fWar again.  I was looking at his last two years in St Louis where bWARs were 2.2 and 2.1.  I should have said which numbers I saw.  Still would like a deep explanation on the differences of WAR calculations.  With modern analytics I bet many teams do their own calculations now.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I wonder if the Sox are putting this out there to get the Dodgers to accept their offer on Joc.

What? It was put out by a reporter in the DR, someone else also had said the Ozuna family believe this to be true as well. Doesn’t make much sense to have the beat writers here in the states bluntly deny it, you would want them to spread that rumor as well would be my guess. The hush hush part is just because of machado and wheeler fallouts is my guess.

The fact that this Dominican reporter Frank Castillo called out a date for the signing (Monday) makes me actually buy it.  Most of these so-called “insiders” throw out a prediction with no timetable and when it doesn’t happen, they claim the team “pivoted” to another target instead.  🙄😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The fact that this Dominican reporter Frank Castillo called out a date for the signing (Monday) makes me actually buy it.  Most of these so-called “insiders” throw out a prediction with no timetable and when it doesn’t happen, they claim the team “pivoted” to another target instead.  🙄😂

Oh no - twitter rumors have often included dates since Twitter began.

Don’t you remember last year?

Manny was signing with us every day.

I believe Castillo over any of these bloggers or fans playing insider. Hector Gomez was spot on with what he said last year. Our White Sox blogger insiders are like 0-10 this off season and last. I don’t think it’s fair to compare Castillo (who obviously has SOME sort of credibility) until he swings and misses. He laid out a report, not a prediction and gave a date.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

I believe Castillo over any of these bloggers or fans playing insider. Hector Gomez was spot on with what he said last year. Our White Sox blogger insiders are like 0-10 this off season and last. I don’t think it’s fair to compare Castillo (who obviously has SOME sort of credibility) until he swings and misses. He laid out a report, not a prediction and gave a date.

Word.

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Oh no - twitter rumors have often included dates since Twitter began.

Don’t you remember last year?

Manny was signing with us every day.

But rumors that came out of DR (Hector Gomez) were spot on. Those dates were thrown out there by random bloggers and fans

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Hmm guess I don't understand all the commotion.Castillo didn't say the Sox will sign Ozuna Monday . All he said was wait til Monday . Wait for what ? Some kind of news Ozuna is signing with the Sox ? With someone else ? For more news on who Ozuna is close to signing with ? For the Winter Meetings to start ?

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hmm guess I don't understand all the commotion.Castillo didn't say the Sox will sign Ozuna Monday . All he said was wait til Monday . Wait for what ? Some kind of news Ozuna is signing with the Sox ? With someone else ? For more news on who Ozuna is close to signing with ? For the Winter Meetings to start ?

Castillo did say he was flying to Chicago to sign tomorrow and an announcement will be made Monday. 

Yeah and I don't take the denial to Bruce as much of anything. After thinking they had Machado and/or Wheeler in the bag, I wouldn't blame the Sox for being tight-lipped until it's signed, sealed and delivered. And if this is true, as someone else said - it will be funny seeing how stupid Bruce looks once again.

Edited by Sarava