Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

36 minutes ago, Lillian said:

If that is really the case, then he cannot be a viable candidate for RF, period!!!  I wonder what happened. the update I read, last Spring, said that his arm was progressing nicely. What is the normal prognosis, following the kind of shoulder surgery, Ozuna had last winter?

A couple more things to note about Ozuna:

1) He missed the entire month of July, last year, and still hit 29 homers, with 89 RBI's.

2) His 2018 was understandably difficult, while he was dealing with his shoulder condition, for which he had to have surgery.

3) He will playing in his age 29 season, this year.

The surgery he had was to resect the bursa to decompress the impingement. He didn't have structural damage to the cuff or labrum as near as I can tell. Just some repeated inflammation of the bursa. He should be fine by now unless there are other factors causing the impingement that they didn't find.

Edited by ptatc
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Players across the league wear compression sleeves of all different colors and designs 

but if you must know, it's because it's different and he likes it.  Or he liked it until baseball cranks made him change it

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/video/1264875075972

Only old white men get to decide what fashion choices are acceptable and by their unanimous decision no flair is allowed!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Yes, that is what I read. It's a very important question. If his arm has recovered, he would be adequate in RF, but if his arm is shot, how is it even feasible to play him there?

Honestly, I was super high on Ozuna until all the “arm is shot” comments started to come out here.  If the arm is expected to return to form, I’d be all over him because I truly believe the bat can be special.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

God I love Hector Gomez.  Dude got way too much unwarranted hate last offseason, when he was entirely right the whole time.

I don’t understand the hate, he’s been spot on with the eloy extension even if the dollar amount wasn’t exact as well as a few other things in the past. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Like you...my first choice would have been Joc Pederson.  Irrationally I don't want to give up anything to get him.  I value defense more than some I guess.  A noodle arm in RF scares me.  All that said...I too am warming to the concept of Ozuna.  Our lineup with Ozuna looks menacing.

I would be fine with Pederson. My problem is, I think people around here are out to lunch with what they think could land him. I'm seeing garbage like Fulmer. The guy hit 37 HR's with less than 500 at bats. They aren't giving him away, even in his walk year. They're going to want Dunning or Stiever at least.

I have no idea whats going on in this thread since last night I was out...

...but while I love Ozuna and Castellanos, why are most people on this site AGAINST the idea of signing Puig?

Puig has a ton of potential, the cuban connection, will receive a significantly cheaper contract than the other two, has tons of speed, I *think* plays better defense?

Just food for thought.. seems like such a good fit. I'd be very excited about Ozuna or Castellanos as well, but Castellanos is one of the worst defenders in the league and Ozuna probably isn't much better...

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

...but while I love Ozuna and Castellanos, why are most people on this site AGAINST the idea of signing Puig?

Puig has a ton of potential, the cuban connection, will receive a significantly cheaper contract than the other two, has tons of speed, I *think* plays better defense?

Just food for thought.. seems like such a good fit. I'd be very excited about Ozuna or Castellanos as well, but Castellanos is one of the worst defenders in the league and Ozuna probably isn't much better...

Because the dude is a self-centered douchbag who also isn’t that good at baseball to overcome the clubhouse concerns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Castillo is doubling down. I tweeted at him and he followed me and DM me saying that we well all get the news tomorrow. He’s convinced. 

This is why I think it’s legit.  He is going to greatly embarrass himself if this doesn’t go down now.  He must know Ozuna or a close family member.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I don't want any player who admits he doesn't play hard.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

There is no perfect fit that won’t cost talent.  Who is a better fit than Ozuna who will only cost money (and a second round draft pick)?

Love signing long term deals to players you’ll want to upgrade from by year 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is why I think it’s legit.  He is going to greatly embarrass himself if this doesn’t go down now.  He must know Ozuna or a close family member.

As much as I'd like to see Bruce Levine look like an ass. I don't think the Sox would put him out there to look stupid if this was imminent. They probably would of just said they have no comment.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Love signing long term deals to players you’ll want to upgrade from by year 2.

So who would you acquire?  Cuz the Red Sox outfielder for next year is a pipe dream...  as is Cole, Strasburg, and Rendon.  People seem to think they can will the Sox front office into acquiring a $200 - $300 million dollar player by simply talking about it.  It ain’t happening...

Edited by Moan4Yoan