Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Could it be they want to spend a lot of money on pitching. If they succeed, they may have to trade for a low cost RF for now because money will be gone. If they miss out on the pitching, they can spend more on RF. I could be wrong, but it is possible. 

That's certainly a possibility. If they can lock in Ryu or whomever for a certain price they may know how much flexibility they have at RF, although we've been told we have "unprecedented financial flexibility" and our current payroll is still south of 90m so this line still has the stench of incompetence and or penny pinching.

IMO they should still be able to work on multiple tracks at the same time. 

24 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That's certainly a possibility. If they can lock in Ryu or whomever for a certain price they may know how much flexibility they have at RF, although we've been told we have "unprecedented financial flexibility" and our current payroll is still south of 90m so this line still has the stench of incompetence and or penny pinching.

IMO they should still be able to work on multiple tracks at the same time. 

I was speaking in terms of if they wanted two pitchers instead of one. Like Ryu and DK for instance. 

49 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know, they should wait until next year when Betts is a free agent.  Surely they would sign him...  😂

Thankfully there are at least 4 great to very good options that are FA next offseason.  Betts is a pipedream, but I would take all over Springer, Joc and Brantley over Ozuna or Castellanos from 21-23/24 timeframe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I was in Toronto and everyone there was saying that they’re favorite place to vacation was Chicago, fwiw.

Grass is greener.  I'm not from either place.  People are friendlier, city is cleaner and safer, public transportation is infinitely better.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Grass is greener.  I'm not from either place.  People are friendlier, city is cleaner and safer, public transportation is infinitely better.

In which city?  I like Toronto's subway, but it is definitely limited.  Chicago's is way larger.  I think Chicago is cleaner, and Lakefront is much better, but I like both cities.  I live in NYC, so I don't have a dog in this fight either.

40 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

In which city?  I like Toronto's subway, but it is definitely limited.  Chicago's is way larger.  I think Chicago is cleaner, and Lakefront is much better, but I like both cities.  I live in NYC, so I don't have a dog in this fight either.

Toronto's population is actually listed as ~ 200,000 more than Chicago's.  Surprised me.

2 minutes ago, ottawa_sox said:

Toronto's population is actually listed as ~ 200,000 more than Chicago's.  Surprised me.

I meant that Chicago's subway system is larger than Toronto's.  I actually knew Toronto was larger than Chicago.  They are very proud to be I think the third largest city in North America.

Just now, Timmy U said:

I meant that Chicago's subway system is larger than Toronto's.  I actually knew Toronto was larger than Chicago.  They are very proud to be I think the third largest city in North America.

Half of our country is unaware that TO is a major city center. 

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I realised I had misread your statement after I posted.  The third largest city eh.  Shows you what I know.  And I'm from there.  I'll try anything but geography, Alex! 

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He could be flying in later but Ozuna just posted a video on Instagram. He’s at a game in DR. I wonder if Hector Gomez is there and can ask him. He has been posting videos from the same game.

Wearing his yellow sleeve.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He could be flying in later but Ozuna just posted a video on Instagram. He’s at a game in DR. I wonder if Hector Gomez is there and can ask him. He has been posting videos from the same game.

Hector told me in the DMs he is going to talk to him today at this game. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That Shins cat on Twitter (salt and such), says that the Ozuna signing would be as primary DH, occasional OF.  

This suggests Vaughn is on the block for a pitcher. If Ozuna is DH presumably for several years, Jose has to stay at 1B.

Dammit.

This is so stupid. Leave prime prospects alone. Wheeler's wife is literally wrecking the rebuild. 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This suggests Vaughn is on the block for a pitcher. If Ozuna is DH presumably for several years, Jose has to stay at 1B.

Dammit.

This is so stupid. Leave prime prospects alone. Wheeler's wife is literally wrecking the rebuild

i wouldnt get too upset honestly. that guy seems unreliable