Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, wsd said:

I love getting these type of posts sent to me.... Holy hell.  Relax man, the internet is a big place,

There have been a few posters here lately that are relatively new and seem to be “board experts.”

Edited by hi8is

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

I love getting these type of posts sent to me.... Holy hell.  Relax man, the internet is a big place, there's a reason I don't sit on jezebel all day.  People can pick and choose the content they consume.  Whether you like me/barstool or not, it's wildly successful so calling it a "joke" is incorrect.

I wouldn't say I know "nothing" either, I'd say I know much more than the typical fan.  With Wheeler/Grandal the organization played everything as close to the vest as possible, as they should.  They're operating in stealth mode.  There are a few names I know they've been working on that people have no idea on.  Not gonna say who, I'll let you all speculate amongst yourselves.

As for Ozuna, like Heyman said, I was told there isn't an agreement in place.  Take that as you will.  I don't think I'm wrong, but never say never.  Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, if I am.  

Are you concerned if they bring in Keuchel that you throw harder than him?  Congrats on the win.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, wsd said:

I love getting these type of posts sent to me.... Holy hell.  Relax man, the internet is a big place, there's a reason I don't sit on jezebel all day.  People can pick and choose the content they consume.  Whether you like me/barstool or not, it's wildly successful so calling it a "joke" is incorrect.

I wouldn't say I know "nothing" either, I'd say I know much more than the typical fan.  With Wheeler/Grandal the organization played everything as close to the vest as possible, as they should.  They're operating in stealth mode.  There are a few names I know they've been working on that people have no idea on.  Not gonna say who, I'll let you all speculate amongst yourselves.

As for Ozuna, like Heyman said, I was told there isn't an agreement in place.  Take that as you will.  I don't think I'm wrong, but never say never.  Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, if I am.  

Feed us this then, are the names no one is talking via Free Agency or trades?

• Like 1

I only browse Reddit for Baseball and NFL stuff since the rest of the website is a cancerous safe space echo chamber.

With that being said, at least on that website, Barstool might as well be The Daily Stormer.  Some people don't like it because it's somehow "Right wing sports media", whatever the fuck that means. 

Edited by BackDoorBreach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I only browse Reddit for Baseball and NFL stuff since the rest of the website is a cancerous safe space echo chamber.

With that being said, at least on that website, Barstool might as well be The Daily Stormer.  Some people don't like it because it's somehow "Right wing sports media", whatever the fuck that means. 

Which is hilarious considering like 90%+ of the people at barstool are very liberal 

And no, I'm not gonna post anything on a free forum.  Sorry.  Just let the offseason play out, it's looking like it's going to move much faster this winter, which is good for the sanity of all of us 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wsd said:

Which is hilarious considering like 90%+ of the people at barstool are very liberal 

And no, I'm not gonna post anything on a free forum.  Sorry.  Just let the offseason play out, it's looking like it's going to move much faster this winter, which is good for the sanity of all of us 

Look man, I have nothing against you, but when you say “There are a few names I know they've been working on that people have no idea on.  Not gonna say who, I'll let you all speculate amongst yourselves.” as a humble brag and then proceed to stay secretive when people ask for details, you’re just opening yourself up for criticism.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Look man, I have nothing against you, but when you say “There are a few names I know they've been working on that people have no idea on.  Not gonna say who, I'll let you all speculate amongst yourselves.” as a humble brag and then proceed to stay secretive when people ask for details, you’re just opening yourself up for criticism.

To be fair what’s to gain from throwing names out there? I’m just as anxious as the next person but we saw what happened last offseason when there was info on the Joc Pederson deal out there. We are all whitesox fans but sometimes not knowing at the moment is better than all of their business being out on the street. Keep doing you WSD. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Only reason I ventured over here is because someone DM'd me the post I quoted.  I can handle criticism from internet strangers, I deal with it regularly.  

And if I'm wrong on Ozuna, that's fine.  I almost hope I am, he can swing the stick.  If I'm wrong and the Sox improve, more than okay with me.  Just wish he didn't suck defensively (I don't care what his metrics say, he's awful) 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

To be fair what’s to gain from throwing names out there? I’m just as anxious as the next person but we saw what happened last offseason when there was info on the Joc Pederson deal out there. We are all whitesox fans but sometimes not knowing at the moment is better than all of their business being out on the street. Keep doing you WSD. 

Wasn’t that Peggy Kusinski’s son?  Has that poor kid successfully predicted even one single move in all this time?  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wasn’t that Peggy Kusinski’s son?  Has that poor kid successfully predicted even one single move in all this time?  😂

I believe so. I think Hahn was pretty pissed that was leaked and ultimately pointed to that or at least twitter in general as the reason the deal fell through.

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

No one asked for names.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bruni said:

Does anyone have the terms of the potential Pederson to the WSox deal that was leaked back in Feb?  I remember seeing Fulmer’s name tossed around, but do not remember seeing what was specifically leaked that possibly helped nix the deal?

I seem to remember some of the names were Carson Fulmer, Aaron Bummer, and Bryce Bush.

I still don’t understand how a leak of the trade rumor could cause the trade to fall through.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I seem to remember some of the names were Carson Fulmer, Aaron Bummer, and Bryce Bush.

I still don’t understand how a leak of the trade rumor could cause the trade to fall through.

Players/agents involved find out about it...quickly call the front office to ask what's up.   Certainly, those players are under control of their organizations, but the Dodgers couldn't leave the deal dangling out there in public for days and then not damage the relationship going forward with Pederson to some extent.  For example, if they ever had designs on extending him...which doesn't seem likely, if the whole storyline of the trade (right now) is clearing roughly $8.5 million from payroll to jam Cole or Strasburg or Rendon under the luxury tax.

4 minutes ago, bruni said:

Does anyone have the terms of the potential Pederson to the WSox deal that was leaked back in Feb?  I remember seeing Fulmer’s name tossed around, but do not remember seeing what was specifically leaked that possibly helped nix the deal?

It was Bummer, Bush, +. The last piece was unknown but Laz Rivera was thrown out there.

For anybody wearing a helmet reading, this was the trade proposal last off season not this year. 

29 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

He tooted his own horn so to speak by saying that he knows more than everyone else here. That in itself is going to create a sense of curiosity and open up the floodgate for questions, so why even bother revealing that he has more info than everyone else here if he isn’t willing to elaborate on it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Players/agents involved find out about it...quickly call the front office to ask what's up.   Certainly, those players are under control of their organizations, but the Dodgers couldn't leave the deal dangling out there in public for days and then not damage the relationship going forward with Pederson to some extent.  For example, if they ever had designs on extending him...which doesn't seem likely, if the whole storyline of the trade (right now) is clearing roughly $8.5 million from payroll to jam Cole or Strasburg or Rendon under the luxury tax.

I still don’t see the problem.  It’s a part of the game.  And did they not damage their relationship with Joc anyways?  He now knows that the Dodgers were willing to trade him and apparently tried to...

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

He tooted his own horn so to speak by saying that he knows more than everyone else here. That in itself is going to create a sense of curiosity and open up the floodgate for questions, so why even bother revealing that he has more info than everyone else here if he isn’t willing to elaborate on it?

Because he doesn't want to burn his actual professional sources?  It's really not hard to understand.  He absolutely has more sources than someone like me, who has none.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Because he doesn't want to burn his actual professional sources?  It's really not hard to understand.  He absolutely has more sources than someone like me, who has none.

That’s not the point but ok. Of course he has more sources than the average Joe. But why flaunt that if he doesn’t want to be bombarded with questions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

That’s not the point but ok. Of course he has more sources than the average Joe. But why flaunt that if he doesn’t want to be bombarded with questions?

Because, like most people with sources, whether real or not, flaunting it gets them attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly, maybe there is something unique about him that has caused him to underperform his batted ball profile, but he was the only guy to underachieve his xWOBA by more than 20 points in both 2018 & 2019.  It’s hard to believe something like shifts are the reason he’s the sole guy to do that.  I honestly believe there’s untapped value here.

IIRC, he basically pulls the ball on the ground and sprays it in the air which is basically the exact opposite of what you want. The ground ball pull tendency makes infield shifts easy and effective while hitters usually have their best power to pull side so he isn't getting that as often. In that regard, it seems like he might be a swing change candidate, so I can see him being good in the right organization, I just don't know if that's us.