Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Also, Heyman really wants people to know it isn't true huh?

Yeah, Heyman seems to have an issue with people pushing stories or narratives that he doesn't jive with.

I don't really trust anything Heyman says, but these are some damning words from the owner of the team that's for sure. Seems odd that if the Sox were interested in the two that Jerry and Hahn had zero conversations about them though...

Just now, Orlando said:

Reinsdorf's comments still don't mesh with Morosi saying the Sox are waiting on a decision from Ozuna and Castellanos

Yeah, I don't think we know enough of the inner workings of the organization to know what's going on here.

If Hahn is given a budgeted amount to spend in FA this winter, and he handles the negotiations, it could be that Jerry won't even hear about a deal until it's at it's final stages. 

If the organization runs everything through Reinsdorf before submitting any bids, then obviously the story would be a complete fabrication. We don't really know how things work, so it's tough to pass judgement, but that seems like a pretty strong denial from the owner of the team.

This is all very bizarre. Do the other front offices, around the League, have these kinds of theatrics and drama, associated with their acquisitions? These last two off seasons have been just nuts:

1) Pederson - Deal pending but is ostensibly canceled because of leaks.

2) Machado - Going to the Sox, right up until the last moment, and then ends up in San Diego, which was never reported to even be in the running.

3) Wheeler - Supposedly coming to the South Side, after being offered $122 Million, but signs with the Phillies, for less money!!!

4) Now, Ozuna, with the owner commenting on his unawareness of any interest in the player. 

Reminds me of when Tori Hunter was coming to the Sox, right up until the point, when he went elsewhere. Wake me up when it's over. 

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Reinsdorf's comments still don't mesh with Morosi saying the Sox are waiting on a decision from Ozuna and Castellanos

Perhaps when he said "I don't recall any conversation about Marcell Ozuna", he meant that he doesn't recall any conversation about a deal being finalized. Semantics, yes, but this is very strange either way.

16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He could have just said nothing instead of saying he called Hahn to make sure he wasn't senile. 

I guess he could have, but not sure why anyone thinks he needs to.  If the Sox sign Ozuna, we will know soon enough.  It makes more sense for them to not want anyone to know until the deal is done.  I’m sure Reinsdorf doesn’t give a shit about Heyman and maybe he was just having some fun with it.  Plus, the only thing being said is that a deal is not finalized, which appears to be true.  

They’ve been burned enough with big FA signings heavily talked about in the media the last two off seasons.  

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

This is all very bizarre. Do the other front offices, around the League, have these kinds of theatrics and drama, associated with their acquisitions? These last two off seasons have been just nuts:

1) Pederson - Deal pending but is ostensibly canceled because of leaks.

2) Machado - Going to the Sox, right up until the last moment, and then ends up in San Diego, which was never reported to even be in the running.

3) Wheeler - Supposedly coming to the South Side, after being offered $122 Million, but signs with the Phillies, for less money!!!

4) Now, Ozuna, with the owner commenting on his unawareness of any interest in the player. 

Reminds me of when Tori Hunter was coming to the Sox, right up until the point, when he went elsewhere. Wake me up when it's over. 

i think alot of fan bases do this. Its theatrical because we believe everything anyone tweets and some people in thier non-sensical ideas

2 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I guess he could have, but not sure why anyone thinks he needs to.  If the Sox sign Ozuna, we will know soon enough.  It makes more sense for them to not want anyone to know until the deal is done.  I’m sure Reinsdorf doesn’t give a shit about Heyman and maybe he was just having some fun with it.  Plus, the only thing being said is that a deal is not finalized, which appears to be true.  

They’ve been burned enough with big FA signings heavily talked about in the media the last two off seasons.  

If the Sox sign Ozuna today our front office will look even worse than last year.