Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

Dick also said that Hector was way off on the Eloy extension, that's just not true:

Héctor Gómez@hgomez27

BREAKING NEWS: The White Sox are close to an agreement with Eloy Jimenez for an 8-year extension that would pay him between 65-70 US$ Million. With Incentives the contract could get to the 75-80 million Range. Source says deal is pending only a Physical.@z101digital @ZDeportes

Hector said the deal could reach 100 million; but it ended up closing at 80ish million peak value.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They've been linked to almost everyone at this point; whether real or not, who knows, but they've been rumored as involved with anyone who has a pulse.

Also, that's not really a bad thing anyway. They weren't linked to Grandal and boom.

Everyone is a stretch. I still want to be optimistic about this offseason.  I also feel at the same time I'll believe it when I see it . 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They've been linked to almost everyone at this point; whether real or not, who knows, but they've been rumored as involved with anyone who has a pulse.

Also, that's not really a bad thing anyway. They weren't linked to Grandal and boom.

some of the links they get are insiders or analyst just stating they have a need at said position. thats what gets people thinking the sox are in on players.

so any big time outfielder or starting pitcher is "linked" because the sox have a need. not just because they want to sign him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, of course its not my money.  But the Sox are always going to be a team on a budget.  Paying average players a shit ton of money, and trading away cheap controllable talent are the two best ways to ensure we end up right where we were before we traded Sale, Eaton and Quintana.  

So yes, I care deeply about how the Sox allocate their funds, and you should too.  

"Always"?  Why is that?  What revenue stream will always be lacking no matter what which will restrict them to always being a "team on a budget"? 

They just inked a new TV deal, and unless it was for less than the previous one, they now have a top ten TV deal in place (they were 11th with the previous deal). 

Sustainable winning will take care of the attendance problems.  

So if you put the TV deal together with improved attendance, what prevents this team from taking it's rightful place as a major market team operating under a major market budget?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dick also said that Hector was way off on the Eloy extension, that's just not true:

Héctor Gómez@hgomez27

BREAKING NEWS: The White Sox are close to an agreement with Eloy Jimenez for an 8-year extension that would pay him between 65-70 US$ Million. With Incentives the contract could get to the 75-80 million Range. Source says deal is pending only a Physical.@z101digital @ZDeportes

Hector said the deal could reach 100 million; but it ended up closing at 80ish million peak value.

He had the deal itself about a week before any U.S. reporter, and everyone (including U.S. reporters themselves) laughed at him. Then, when the deal actually happened, people still wouldn't give him credit because he didn't get the terms exactly right. Those who choose to write him off can do so if they please, but no matter how loudly they scream into the void about how bad he is, it's obvious to any impartial reader that he has good sources. 

9 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

some of the links they get are insiders or analyst just stating they have a need at said position. thats what gets people thinking the sox are in on players.

so any big time outfielder or starting pitcher is "linked" because the sox have a need. not just because they want to sign him

No, I think people think the Sox are in on players because they've been incredibly aggressive.

I'm not sure how Sox fans can continue to say the Sox are all bluster and no action this off-season.

They signed Grandal before any other major signing was made at a very fair valuation. Then they turned around and offered 125 million to Wheeler which was 7 more than anyone else in the league.

Baseball thinks the Sox are going to be aggressive, because they have been aggressive and they have told everyone who will listen that they're ready to compete and contend and they're going to spend the money to prove it.

I don't know how people can look at this off-season so far, and say "same old White Sox."

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, I think people think the Sox are in on players because they've been incredibly aggressive.

I'm not sure how Sox fans can continue to say the Sox are all bluster and no action this off-season.

They signed Grandal before any other major signing was made at a very fair valuation. Then they turned around and offered 125 million to Wheeler which was 7 more than anyone else in the league.

Baseball thinks the Sox are going to be aggressive, because they have been aggressive and they have told everyone who will listen that they're ready to compete and contend and they're going to spend the money to prove it.

I don't know how people can look at this off-season so far, and say "same old White Sox."

agreed.  

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Would be a little more funny if 1) this was March 2019 and 2) they didn't just pay Grandal a shit load of money

No, it’s still funny.  How many teams haven’t spent more than $73 million on one player?  Big for the White Sox but not in the grand scheme of the MLB.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Lol the funniest thing to me is the people asking these twitter reporters if they stand by their stories.  LOL.  Who gives a crap.  It’s sports.  There aren’t reputations on the line.   It’s baseball offseason.  

“I Stand by my story!!!”

shut up it’s sports.  

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Ok I will bite.  Then why isn't Cole right now being offered a massive contract from the Sox.  Why isn't Strasburg seeing the same thing.  Why did we offer 50 million dollars less to Machado.  I am sure Bill Wirtz wanted to win as well.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Thanks 2

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Ok I will bite.  Then why isn't Cole right now being offered a massive contract from the Sox.  Why isn't Strasburg seeing the same thing.  Why did we offer 50 million dollars less to Machado.  I am sure Bill Wirtz wanted to win as well.  

Yep.  Reinsdorf wants to win...  but at his price, not what top tier free agents actually get paid.

I’m sure he also has a lot of family to spread his wealth out to before he is six feet under.