Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Evan White signed a long-term with the Mariners.  I know he’s not anywhere the same caliber of prospect as Eloy, but damn is his extension way more team friendly.  Also, it’s really a bummer we took Burger over him as I did really want Evan at the time.

I would obviously liked to have walked away in 2017 with a functioning baseball player...but white would have always been more interesting to me if he actually was moved to CF the way people said he could. His numbers for a 1b prospect are fine, and he'll be cheap, but there is risk there still.

Considering he was in the Texas league, his numbers aren't that much better than Gavin Sheets.

3 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

This was awesome.. great share

Anyone with a brain and understanding of rosters would agree to their assessment. Cubs had their chance, won a series and choked on a dynasty. Sox are set for a 3-5 years of very competitive runs. Unfortunately so are the Yankees and Astros so Sox still need a #1 or #2 starter to put them over the top....and some lucky bounces in the postseason. 

Not sure where to post so will post here....but RaBBIt said a couple times in the now closed Wheeler thread that the Sox have another pending 40 man move.  Later called it a "cut".  Could be something as simple as DFAing one of the last couple guys on the 40 man (Medeiros, Vieira, Zavala, Fulmer) but the way I read it (admittedly could be wrong), was that is was more of an unexpected name / current 25 man piece.  Maybe Sox deciding the move on from Leury as well at his projected $4M pricetag?   Either way, interesting.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure where to post so will post here....but RaBBIt said a couple times in the now closed Wheeler thread that the Sox have another pending 40 man move.  Later called it a "cut".  Could be something as simple as DFAing one of the last couple guys on the 40 man (Medeiros, Vieira, Zavala, Fulmer) but the way I read it (admittedly could be wrong), was that is was more of an unexpected name / current 25 man piece.  Maybe Sox deciding the move on from Leury as well at his projected $4M pricetag?   Either way, interesting.  

The Sox would be dumb to move on from Leury. He's worth what they're paying him.

8 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox would be dumb to move on from Leury. He's worth what they're paying him.

Oh I totally agree. Not saying I want it.  Just no reason to DFA another player/prospect until a roster move is made, so if there really is another "pending" roster move, one would think it would be someone who they plan to non-tender next Tuesday anyhow.  Off the top of my head, I believe only names that fit that criteria are Leury, Marshall, McCann (not gonna be him), Colome (don't see it), and Rodon (again, don't see it). 

Edited by ChiSox59

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Oh I totally agree. Not saying I want it.  Just no reason to DFA another player/prospect until a roster move is made, so if there really is another "pending" roster move, one would think it would be someone who they plan to non-tender next Tuesday anyhow.  Off the top of my head, I believe only names that fit that criteria are Leury, Marshall, McCann (not gonna be him), Colome (don't see it), and Rodon (again, don't see it). 

I would think Seby. No point of having 5 catchers on the 40-man.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

I would think Seby. No point of having 5 catchers on the 40-man.

Agreed, but you can just DFA Seby when the next signing is announced.  Would be weird that a DFA would be "in the works" - just seems to imply its a non-tender or release type situation - but I guess a DFA could be in the works if a signing announcement was imminent.  Honestly, probably overthinking it, just thought it was an interesting tidbit.  As someone that loves roster moves around baseball, I personally just enjoy the speculation.  

14 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Could just be as simple as turning the page from the good news on being added to the 40 man.  The moment to enjoy is over, and now he's going getting back to the grind.

I wouldn't read into that too much, personally.  We really need lefty depth and literally just added him to the 40 man, so I doubt he's going anywhere.  

Wow that's an interesting trade.

Wonder what the angle is for the Pads.... they have Tatis Jr and Machado on the left side of the infield, but at 2b who's there? That was for Urias. Now it's just aging Kinsler.

Grisham for Urias swap is pretty interesting, from a fantasy baseball prespective