Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Surprised this hasn't brought on a rash of "OMG Nimmo/Conforto!!!" takes from the users that seem dead set on acquiring one of those guys.

It may hurt.  Mets wanted a centerfielder, I was putting Engel in package and driving him. LOL

• Like 1

Sox might want to think about Rick Porcello for an innings eating starter. Had a tough year in 2019. good bounce back candidate. Pitching

in Boston with a juiced ball can be a real b**** for a location guy. I do like the fact that he always hits 10-13 hitters every year even with excellent

control. never been afraid to come inside. If the Sox start scoring a good amount of runs next year, he might win 13-15 games.

11 hours ago, zisk said:

Sox might want to think about Rick Porcello for an innings eating starter. Had a tough year in 2019. good bounce back candidate. Pitching

in Boston with a juiced ball can be a real b**** for a location guy. I do like the fact that he always hits 10-13 hitters every year even with excellent

control. never been afraid to come inside. If the Sox start scoring a good amount of runs next year, he might win 13-15 games.

Fly all pitcher in the cell is not worth the innings and probable low-mid 5’s era. Would rather resign Nova than sign Porcello. 

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He'd make their team worse from not only a PR perspective, but also an on-field performance. I don't see the allure this guy has to other teams.

Because he was actually pretty good for 2 years and is still young.

The NFL has multiple convicted felons and domestic abusers playing right now.  People don't care.

12 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He'd make their team worse from not only a PR perspective, but also an on-field performance. I don't see the allure this guy has to other teams.

How would he make them worse on field? Say what you want about Russell as a person (and believe me it's more than justified), but he is a solid player, especially with the glove.

Just now, SoxAce said:

How would he make them worse on field? Say what you want about Russell as a person (and believe me it's more than justified), but he is a solid player, especially with the glove.

I know the guy is good with the glove, but he can't hit. He's a career .242 BA / .312 OBP / .392 SLG hitter. His wRC+ is at 87 for his career, and has never been at or over 100. Maybe he's a bench piece, but anything other than a minor league deal at this point in his career makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

Rays did very well in this trade. Pham is solid, but declining, will be 32 soon, and only 2 years of control left. Renfroe is a guy I brought up wanting the Sox to look at this off-season, is only 28, improving, good defensive RF with huge arm, and has massive power. Obviously he has major contact issues.

But then you add in a top 75 prospect in baseball, Xavier Edwards? Dude was a darling in the 2018 draft. He doesn't profile that much differently than Nick Madrigal, but with better speed.

I do love seeing the Padres fuck up though. So I'm loving this trade so far.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24