Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Rays did very well in this trade. Pham is solid, but declining, will be 32 soon, and only 2 years of control left. Renfroe is a guy I brought up wanting the Sox to look at this off-season, is only 28, improving, good defensive RF with huge arm, and has massive power. Obviously he has major contact issues.

But then you add in a top 75 prospect in baseball, Xavier Edwards? Dude was a darling in the 2018 draft. He doesn't profile that much differently than Nick Madrigal, but with better speed.

I do love seeing the Padres fuck up though. So I'm loving this trade so far.

Yeah...I have zero idea wtf the Padres are doing these days? Have a feeling they're gonna really piss away a great window they have with poor decisions.

2 hours ago, Capital G said:

Living in Tampa I love seeing moves like these by the rays. wish we had TB's front office combined with our budget.

This this this this this. 

With the way Jerry feels about FA, they should model their org structure like the Rays and A's, but spend more money. As a matter of fact, if efficiency is the goal, every team in MLB should do that, which would then make it impossible to do. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The participation trophy case is going to have to be expanded at GRF this year. Although I am glad they didn't over do it for this guy.

There are so many pitchers that can fit the second starter spit that there’s zero reason to go beyond your valuation of a guy.  I mean, we can probably get Gio Gonzalez for like 1/$7M and he’ll likely be worth 2 wins next year.