Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

13 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I've been thinking Strasburg isn't as far fetched as I once thought.  When KW and RH get mad about the Wheeler disappointment ...liable to go all in on a big one.  Six years at 30 per might get it done.

Come on man, KW & Hahn can throw temper tantrums over the Wheeler miss and it won’t matter in terms of Strasburg.  That all comes down to Reinsdorf.  Also, 6/$180M is unlikely to be enough after the Wheeler deal.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Come on man, KW & Hahn can throw temper tantrums over the Wheeler miss and it won’t matter in terms of Strasburg.  That all comes down to Reinsdorf.  Also, 6/$180M is unlikely to be enough after the Wheeler deal.

No reason to be out on him if wheeler was worth 125.  Probably wouldn't be enough but might not hurt to try.  Limited # of teams with the cash...we're one of them.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

No reason to be out on him if wheeler was worth 125.  Probably wouldn't be enough but might not hurt to try.  Limited # of teams with the cash...we're one of them.

It was never going to happen but when even the Sox MLB.com beat reporter Scott Merkin is reporting that the Sox will be passing on Cole and Strasburg, it really isn’t happening.

Would think we'd start seeing some movement around the league here pretty soon...

Speaking of which, anyone know a good stream from MLB Network?  Can't seem to find one, and for some stupid reason my directv account won't let me play through their website unless connected to home wifi.  

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Maybe the tv deal isn't the windfall they had expected. 

I just think teams don't want to pay the luxury tax. They're ok with paying a certain amount for a player, but that certain amount plus 30 to 50% and suddenly ownership says "why"?

There might even be a bit of collusion going on with teams publicly stating that they want to be beneath the tax line.