Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

From what I read around, they don't like that he's filing a grievance and feel he's too "entitled". So I guess there's that.

It’s ironic how baseball’s “lovable losers” have evolved into a corporate machine that rubs a lot of their fans the wrong way. Bryant has every right to file that grievance. What the hell dis the Cubs think he was going to do?  

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I hope they have to throw in Gore + another elite prospect(s) or something just to get rid of him. 

He’s not a complete lost cause. The two main issues that derailed him in 2019 are Padres tried to stick him at CF when he didn’t have the range, and offensively he sold out contact for power and that led to a huge spike in K%. In a little over 80 games in 2018, he was worth 1.6 fWAR, so there’s still a good player in there. That said, if Sox feel like they could help cut down his K rate and if Padres are willing to add a Morejon or Abrams, I’d definitely consider it.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

That said, if Sox feel like they could help cut down his K rate and if Padres are willing to add a Morejon or Abrams, I’d definitely consider it.

I honestly don't think Hahn is going to deal with Preller for a while. Just my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Read yesterday that Rizzo included all of his scouts in the WS shares. So glad that guy won a WS, he can be arrogant and he screwed over the sox, but he runs a damn good FO and rewards his players well. 

How so?   The Eaton trade?