Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yes - seems like about 70% of the fanbase complains no matter what the result. 

They probably follow Nelson, who of course tweeted the signing out as some negative reflection on the front office.

I'll go ahead and pass on the guy with 4.6 K/9 in the modern game. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They probably follow Nelson, who of course tweeted the signing out as some negative reflection on the front office.

I'll go ahead and pass on the guy with 4.6 K/9 in the modern game. Thanks.

Josh Nelson is a fearmongering douche.  All of SoxMachine (except for maybe Margolus) are actively rooting against the White Sox at this point. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Josh Nelson is a fearmongering douche.  All of SoxMachine (except for maybe Margolus) are actively rooting against the White Sox at this point. 

Yeah, I've always liked Jim, and I understand his outward frustration after watching this for decades but he does lead that brigade and he surrounded himself with those types of people. 

Had the White Sox signed Anderson, I guarantee he would have tweeted out some negative angle regarding the signing as well.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I've always liked Jim, and I understand his outward frustration after watching this for decades but he does lead that brigade and he surrounded himself with those types of people. 

Had the White Sox signed Anderson, I guarantee he would have tweeted out some negative angle regarding the signing as well.

No one should be upset that the Sox didn’t sign Brett Anderson.  But the scary thing is that I have so little faith in Hahn that I could see him doing worse.

The guy added Nova, Santana, and Banuelos last offseason as his SP options.  I don’t think it’s crazy to doubt Hahn this offseason.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No one should be upset that the Sox didn’t sign Brett Anderson.  But the scary thing is that I have so little faith in Hahn that I could see him doing worse.

The guy added Nova, Santana, and Banuelos last offseason as his SP options.  I don’t think it’s crazy to doubt Hahn this offseason.

Nova will be back, along with King Felix & Homer Bailey/Gio Gonzalez

47 minutes ago, mqr said:

There are people that are actually b****ing about the Sox letting another guy go after this one. It boggles the mind. 

I mean, the market is quickly running out of pitchers.  Kind of bizarre that we’re waiting to see who will be the last man standing and simply signing them rather than be proactive and going after a guy we think may be undervalued.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, the market is quickly running out of pitchers.  Kind of bizarre that we’re waiting to see who will be the last man standing and simply signing them rather than be proactive and going after a guy we think may be undervalued.

That guy ain't Brett Anderson is my point. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Does anybody have a list of the remaining free agent starting pitchers?

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I thought last year was a bit embarrassing for White Sox Fan Nation, but this year and how the've handled this offseason so far is beyond childish and ridiculous.    For a fanbase that takes pride in being being hard ass proud,  bunch of whinny pussies is what I see.   From "what team will you cheer for next season" to "time to rebuild the rebuild," man the fuck up!   

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I thought last year was a bit embarrassing for White Sox Fan Nation, but this year and how the've handled this offseason so far is beyond childish and ridiculous.    For a fanbase that takes pride in being being hard ass proud,  bunch of whinny pussies is what I see.   From "what team will you cheer for next season" to "time to rebuild the rebuild," man the fuck up!   

If the Sox miss out on the few remaining starting pitchers that are actually good (Bumgarner, Keuchel, and Ryu), will you change your tune?

Just now, mqr said:

That guy ain't Brett Anderson is my point. 

Oh I know, but that still doesn’t change the fact that the supply side is quickly shrinking and if there is a guy we really like on a one year deal (like say Wood) that maybe we should be a bit more aggressive.  My concern (which is a bit Parkman-ish admittedly) is we view all these pitchers as interchangeable and are simply waiting for the best bargain possible.  That seems unlikely, but at the same time we haven’t signed anyone yet which is still very much surprising to me.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unless the target was Brett Anderson, the market didn't run out of anything after his signing.