Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

Per Rosenthal, the Padres' discussions with the Indians regarding Kluber led to conversations about Lindor. There's no indication San Diego intends to make a serious push for Lindor, but that could change, as some of the team's baseball people are in favor of it. Part of the motivation could be to keep him away from Los Angeles.

San Diego already has a shortstop in 20-year-old Fernando Tatis Jr., but the club could shift Tatis to center field if it acquires Lindor. The 26-year-old could be there for the taking if the Padres want to act, as the Dodgers don't plan to make top prospect Gavin Lux (MLB's No. 2 overall prospect) available, Rosenthal reports.

MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM analyst Jim Bowden argues the Indians should insist on Lux being part of any package for Lindor.

"If the Dodgers aren't willing to do a deal centered around Gavin Lux, then I wouldn't trade [Lindor]," Bowden said. "If they put Lux in it, I would work with them. ... There's a package to be made if Lux is in it. 'No Lux, no Lindor.' That's all I would keep saying every time Andrew [Friedman] called me."

www.mlb.com

6 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Wow - $90M.  That would represent a 23% increase over the largest contract ever signed into effect by the White Sox, that mammoth (snicker) $73M contract handed over to Grandal.  

Yet even if Washington signed Donaldson at this amount, it wouldn’t come close to being their largest contract awarded.  No, both the Strasburg contract recently renewed AND the Scherzer contract still in place both dwarf this potential Donaldson deal. 

Which begs two questions: is Washington a major market team that can magically afford all of these massive contracts?  And when we hear the familiar phrase “The money will be spent”, does our fan base need to respond with “Yes...but by whom?”.   

• Like 1