Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Great, great job locking up Keuchel before Ryu picked.

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

HUGE.

Yes, IMO there’s no logical reason Ryu should’ve gotten 4 years guaranteed and not Keuchel when you compare their ages and injury histories.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

There’s no way the Sox trade for Price at this point, right?

No.

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Twins getting Price. 

Maybe, but they are always thrifty with their money and prospects.  I could see them going cheap on a couple of the boom or bust type guys like Wood and Walker.

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Price, Ray, Boyd are the most impactful SP trade targets remaining.

Boyd to LAA, Price to Twins?

And I'm not really sure LAA farm system is deep enough to pull off a trade for an impact arm. Trout's extension, Rendon's contract they might have some financial constaints now..

39 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Except it’s 3/55.5 not 4/72. 

Yeah, but that vest is extremely easy to hit. Basically he would need either a major injury or to bust out hard in the first 1.5 years of the deal, to the point where the Sox would rather bury or release him than let that 4th year kick in.

4 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Ha, Cleveland is seriously shopping Clevinger?  I thought that was just a weird rumor.  Heyman or someone said LAD are trying to get him AND Lindor. 

I get trading Kluber but Clev too? Yeesh.

I’m scared if Cleveland sells everything and rebuilds. Imagine the head start they’d get trading Kluber, Clevinger, Carrasco, Lindor, Ramirez, Bieber, Hand.  Probably more guys I can’t even think of.  Maybe keep Bieber. Yikes.  They’d be tough in 22-23

Edited by Jerksticks

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I’m scared if Cleveland sells everything and rebuilds. Imagine the head start they’d get trading Kluber, Clevinger, Carrasco, Lindor, Ramirez, Bieber, Hand.  Probably more guys I can’t even think of.  Maybe keep Bieber. Yikes.  They’d be tough in 22-23

Yeah that's what I'm kind of afraid of.  They would be able to retool extremely fast.

Lux and May for Lindor makes me cringe.

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

You must've missed that deal. 

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Kluber is a salary dump.  Ramirez had such a down first half they’d be stupid to sell low on this offseason.  Carrasco makes sense to deal, so does a Hand, but not Clevinger and Bieber, or they’ll be rebuilding for years because most teams won’t prefer to give up major league ready guys.

The 3-5 player bonanza trades are getting harder and harder to pull off for both sides, with teams consistently overvaluing prospects recently.

Edited by caulfield12

37 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yeah that's what I'm kind of afraid of.  They would be able to retool extremely fast.

Lux and May for Lindor makes me cringe.

I want them to do that. We can cross that bridge in 3 or 4 years. By then, our roster should be elite anyway for another 3 years. You have to imagine your division will have good teams in it at some point. If they trade Lindor and Clevinger, we now would have a shot at 90 wins or more. I am more concerned about the Twins getting a really good starter via the trade route.