Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t even like Mazara but I’ll take his youth, potential upside, and mediocre consistency over a 32 year old who put up OPS’s of .725 and .652 before his “breakout” year last season.

Always winning an argument when you have to resort to OPS.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28366269/mets-reliever-dellin-betances-agree-one-year-deal
One year, $10.5 million for Betances to Mets

Wouldn’t have made sense to Sox without a club or incentives based option for 2021.  Apparently he preferred to stay in NYC and keep his options open for the following season if he recaptures his form.

Are we going to have to hear whining about Tatis Jr. for the next decade? I try to pretend the Sox never signed him and SD did. 

It's been nearly 3.5 years from the trade, we can stop whining now. He's gone and isn't coming back. 

I support Quin's idea to change either Tatis or Tatis Jr. to Voldemort via filter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Are we going to have to hear whining about Tatis Jr. for the next decade? I try to pretend the Sox never signed him and SD did. 

It's been nearly 3.5 years from the trade, we can stop whining now. He's gone and isn't coming back. 

I support Quin's idea to change either Tatis or Tatis Jr. to Voldemort via filter. 

Says the guy who just brought him up completely off topic and had nothing to do with the current conversation. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This would be interesting and I think a very DOABLE trade for both teams.

However, a reply on that tweet brings up a good point - WHY does Atlanta have to send prospects back when Arenando is getting paid his market value? 

Because there aren't just Nolan Arenado's laying around to go get.

29 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

However, a reply on that tweet brings up a good point - WHY does Atlanta have to send prospects back when Arenando is getting paid his market value? 

The Rockies are not dealing Arenado without getting a few legitimate pieces back in return. Also the Rockies would likely have to toss in $20 million or so to help balance out a deal. 

Tough to see him getting moved, I think Bryant is more likely. 

3 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Because he's really good?  You aren't getting prime Arenado as a salary dump lol.