Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Twins haven’t won a playoff game since before the White Sox won the World Series. 

They have only won that one series against the A’s since they last won the WS in 1991.

Seventeen consecutive playoff losses, fifteen against NYY.

http://twinsdaily.com/articles.html/_/minnesota-twins-news/hayes-twins-to-sign-rich-hill-homer-bailey-r8781?st=75#commentsStart

Here’s the take of Twins’ fans, some spinning Bailey as better than Bumgarner and Fanny Pack Hill as an improvement on Keuchel...when he won’t pitch until June/July.  Both deals without club options.  Hill can earn up to $9.5 million with some pretty realistic half season incentives in terms of starts and IP.

5 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

His split finger has gotten a lot better, and he started throwing it a lot more and is now a legit put away pitch. I’ll say that if Lopez doesn’t improve, Bailey would be a better #5 starter than Lopez is for us.

I think Graterol is the X factor for them, whenever he comes up. He could have Cease type impact for them.

They also have Duran, Severino and Balazovic...OSU’s Larnach, Lewis, Kiriloff, Rooker.

Pretty darned impressive system but top heavy like ours.   Definitely could trade Romero, Kepler, Larnach or Rooker to fill in holes.

According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, the Reds, Cardinals, and Rangers "appear to be the frontrunners" for free agent outfielder Marcell Ozuna.

Feinsand adds that "other teams could still be in play." Ozuna is among the best players left on the open market, and it sounds like there will be a post-holiday push to get him signed. The 29-year-old registered an .800 OPS (107 OPS+) with 29 home runs, 89 RBI, 12 stolen bases, and 80 runs scored over 130 regular-season games for the Cardinals in 2019.

PLEASE LET US BE ONE OF THE MYSTERY TEAMS.

HAHN GET US OZUNA AND EDWIN DIAZ PLZ 

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, the Reds, Cardinals, and Rangers "appear to be the frontrunners" for free agent outfielder Marcell Ozuna.

Feinsand adds that "other teams could still be in play." Ozuna is among the best players left on the open market, and it sounds like there will be a post-holiday push to get him signed. The 29-year-old registered an .800 OPS (107 OPS+) with 29 home runs, 89 RBI, 12 stolen bases, and 80 runs scored over 130 regular-season games for the Cardinals in 2019.

PLEASE LET US BE ONE OF THE MYSTERY TEAMS.

HAHN GET US OZUNA AND EDWIN DIAZ PLZ 

Ozuna really does not make much sense for the Sox at this point. He does not really play RF and his defense has declined since the trade from Miami. He's a solid, but unspectacular LF, who I'd be leery about handing a four year deal to.

9 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Ozuna really does not make much sense for the Sox at this point. He does not really play RF and his defense has declined since the trade from Miami. He's a solid, but unspectacular LF, who I'd be leery about handing a four year deal to.

And he will cost a compensation pick.  It’s not happening.

Arenado doesn't have a ton of surplus value.  I wouldn't give up any of our top guys assuming we're taking the whole deal. I would do something like Stiever / Dunning + Collins + Rutherford + backend top 30 throw in.  

But I don't think the Rockies would even answer the phone call.  Someone would beat that deal handily.  Arenado is great, but with that contract, we shouldn't be giving up any of the elite prospects, who frankly should have more trade value than a guy making $35M the next 6 seasons.  Plus, then we gotta figure out where to move our best player again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Yup, you are absolutely right. My jest comes in the form of not accepting Mazara as our RF. I'd adore the idea of bringing in another impact bat - Ozuna, Arenado, Castellanos, even Puig.

For the reasons you stated I think there is a near 0% chance on Ozuna. 

I am still holding out hope for Castellanos. Arenado is a wild card, but extremely unlikely. 

So glad the stove is heating back up after the holidays. Really want to see some finalization on Ozuna, Cast, Puig, Arenando, Lindor and whatever is happening with our Bullpen. Then I can start to work towards 2020 predictions/fantasy baseball. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Twins, Nationals, and now the Braves have all offered Donaldson a 4 year contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DOBrienATL/status/1212823113047691265

Hopefully the Twins lose out.

Much better news than the recent report where MN was the only team to go to 4 years.  Doubt he picks MN over Nats and Braves if the offers are similar.  

5 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

With the Robert extension, and him being slated to start in Chicago, do you think this will push Madrigal to Chicago sooner than later?

He’ll be in Chicago by late April. It’s like 15 games. They can make do in the meantime.