Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

49 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pretty sure the answer is yes. They no longer have penalties and likely have their full allotment of IFA money when Colas becomes available.

Might even be a good time for them to increase that amount by seeking trades that get them more money like the kind that they have been doing trading their IFA money for players. Now that would be shocking. But he fits their mold . Sox like to draft the older guys more than 16 yr. olds .

If we see any trades that increase the Sox IFA money you can guess that Colas is their target. We are just not sure at this time  at which signing period he will be eligible. Could be as early as this July .

yea pretty sure the penalties are two years.  and it's been two years.  time to find another robert.  if they aren't going to invest in the 13-16 year olds and their academies they sure as shit better be using that money signing the best Cuban guys given their historic advantage.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, and he can apparently play RF and both bats and throws lefty.  We have Mazara for up to two years.  This guy would be a nice replacement if he’s legit.

It is interesting.

I also wanna see Micker finally get his chance to prove some health in MiLB. Even with injuries he comes right back and still hits when he's actually out there.

Edited by Princess Dye

3 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

It is interesting.

I also wanna see Micker finally get his chance to prove some health in MiLB. Even with injuries he comes right back and still hits when he's actually out there.

I have high hopes for Micker this season.  I think he'll be a top 30 type prospect a year form now IF (and a big if) he can stay healthy in 2020.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

MLB.  He's already a top 10 prospect in the system.  

Unless he puts up an enormous 2019 season likely starting in AA I think it would be tough for him to crack top 100 prospect lists. He does not field per scouting reports all that well, but his arm is plenty good for an outfield corner. That places tons of pressure on his bat to play though. 

So far injuries have help him back from breaking out, but there certainly is remaining potential there. There's development to be further tapped into, lets hope he can prove that 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Unless he puts up an enormous 2019 season likely starting in AA I think it would be tough for him to crack top 100 prospect lists. He does not field per scouting reports all that well, but his arm is plenty good for an outfield corner. That places tons of pressure on his bat to play though. 

So far injuries have help him back from breaking out, but there certainly is remaining potential there. There's development to be further tapped into, lets hope he can prove that 

Its a bit of a hot take, I admit that.  But Micker has as much as upside as anyone.  Just a few years ago Micker was #2 behind Eloy and ahead of Gleyber Torres and Rafael Devers as the top international prospects in the 2013 class.  Injuries have killed him.  But Adolfo has the body type you can dream on, and if he can stay healthy, I like his chances of dominating the minors this year and getting back to being a top end prospect.  He just turned 23, so it has to happen quick for sure.  I believe with his injuries the Sox got another option year so I think he still has 2020 and 2021 to figure it out before they have to make a real decision on him.  

Like I said, I have high hopes if he can stay healthy.  

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

With the Nats out on Donaldson it looks like its between the Twins and Braves

Eh, I think the Nationals are just hedging their bet.  They are still going after Donaldson.  If they sign Donaldson, Cabrera will be their utility infielder with Starlin Castro at 2B.  If they miss out on Donaldson, they will likely start Cabrera at 3B.

$2.5 million is backup money.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Yoenis Cespedes wasn’t apparently telling the entire truth about how he got injured on his ranch.  The reason he fell in the hole and hurt his ankle is because he was attacked by a released wild boar.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2020/1/3/21048985/new-york-mets-news-yoenis-cespedes-injury-ankle-boar-30-50-feral-hogs

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Not sure why the Nats signed Castro on top of Cabrera and Kendrick. I wouldn't have mind the Sox picking up Cabrera. Especially for 2.5M. Probably would prefer the better opportunity and team he's familiar with in Washington if money is the same.

51 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Not sure why the Nats signed Castro on top of Cabrera and Kendrick. I wouldn't have mind the Sox picking up Cabrera. Especially for 2.5M. Probably would prefer the better opportunity and team he's familiar with in Washington if money is the same.

Kendrick isn't really a 2B anymore. And you figure, in their current situation, he will get a bulk of his playing time at 1B.