Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

This reminds me so much of the Sox pursuit of Machado. Hopefully the Twins lose out like the Sox did.

Given that his agent is Lazano, this feels like that scumbags bag of tricks. 

He lied about the peak offers (110 million), same as Machado, and now he's delaying because he doesn't have the offers I'm sure he has told his client will be out there.

31 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The San Francisco Giants are no longer linked to Nick Castellanos and are reportedly done in the FA market.

Rangers are out.

Who the hell is still in on Castellanos?

I find it hard to believe the Giants were ever seriously in

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I did too, but Henry Schulman was pretty adamant they were involved and I trust his reporting most of the time. He now says they're done.

I just don't know what market Nick has. Ozuna even less so. 

I would not be surprised if Ozuna will need to do a Keuchel like contract from last season

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s a great deal compared to most of these reliever contracts

I thought so too. He’s nowhere near dominant, but he’s been pretty consistently solid. K’s and swing and miss % took a pretty big dip last year, not sure if there’s more to it than we realize? Seems like most teams avoided him for some reason 

38 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s a great deal compared to most of these reliever contracts

Amazing deal for Rondon and I wished we had signed him to it.

“It'll be a guaranteed one-year, $3 million contract with a club option for 2021, pending a physical exam. Jon Heyman reports that option is for $4 million and can escalate to $5 million depending on games finished in 2020.”

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Like I mentioned last night, I have a feeling that a mystery team is going to come in last minute and sign Donaldson with the way things are going. Just like Machado last year. 

Given that the Rangers are out on Castellanos, that might be why. It could be them on Donaldson. I want Donaldson to go back to the Braves as it would completely fuck the Cubs over. There's no way in hell they're getting Robles from Washington for Bryant. 

Texas has been searching for a 3B since Beltre retired. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Like I mentioned last night, I have a feeling that a mystery team is going to come in last minute and sign Donaldson with the way things are going. Just like Machado last year. 

The issue here is that Machado was given a contract WAY below market value. So it allowed at team, (Padres) to come in and offer him market value..  Donaldson is already probably there or above it so someone won't just "swoop" in now, imo.  

1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

The issue here is that Machado was given a contract WAY below market value. So it allowed at team, (Padres) to come in and offer him market value..  Donaldson is already probably there or above it so someone won't just "swoop" in now, imo.  

If true that Minnesota only offered 80-85 mil per year and the Nats and Braves offered over 100 mil, why hasn’t Donaldson signed yet with either one of the teams than? He wants a contract for 4year/110 mil and he also stated he would like to return back to the Braves. Minnesota hasn’t even come close to that money wise and we still havent heard what the Nats and the Braves offers are even though many reports are saying they both over 100mil so I can see Lozano working behind the scenes and negotiating with another team for a contract around and/or at the same amount or higher than what he was looking for.

Edited by maloney.adam

9 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

People really misuse the shit out of market value on this site.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He prefers to stay with the Cardinals so I think he’s to going to re-sign with them.

Edited by maloney.adam