Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

5 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I'm not sure what the Rays are doing if the main pieces they get back are O'Neill and Martinez. O'Neill's a decent ML-ready prospect and Martinez is a mediocre DH. I don't know how those 2 warrant a 20 year old top 50 pitching prospect. There's gotta be more to it. 

Edited by chw42

Just now, chw42 said:

I'm not sure what the Rays are doing if the main pieces they get back are O'Neill and Martinez. O'Neill's a decent ML-ready prospect and Martinez is a mediocre DH. I don't know how those 2 warrant a 20 year old top 50 pitching prospect. There's gotta be more to it. 

O'Neil is a high level prospect who is MLB ready. And a position player to boot.

This would make sense imo. If the Ray's like Oniel better than Pham, they basically got O'niel, renfrow, maybe Martinez and Edward's for Pham and Libatorie. Would be a big win if the Rays like oniel more than pham going forward.

2 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

It has to be Bader AND O'Neil otherwise this doesn't make sense for the Rays.  Both those outfielders were BACK END 100 prospects a few years ago but neither of their prospect shine has gotten any brighter.. Gotta be both.

O'Neill is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

O'Neill is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. 

I think his success will all depend on if he can make contact regularly in the majors. He's got crazy pop and is pretty fast. Defense needs work, but he's got the range with that speed of his. I'd trust the Rays on this type of stuff, but we still don't know if they actually got him in the deal. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think his success will all depend on if he can make contact regularly in the majors. He's got crazy pop and is pretty fast. Defense needs work, but he's got the range with that speed of his. I'd trust the Rays on this type of stuff, but we still don't know if they actually got him in the deal. 

Yeah, crazy pop for sure. Iso, hard hit and HR rates to be envious of. He has holes but his upside is very apparent.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run