Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

@ChiliIrishHammock24 sheds a tear.

Ugh. It's hard to imagine the Sox couldn't have matched that offer rather easily without affecting our immediate future.

Matthew Thompson would be the easy comparable to Brennan Malone in that deal. It's harder to find a good young SS in the Sox system, but considering the Pirates desperate need at catcher, I feel like Thompson, Collins, and maybe a Bryce Bush could have been enough? Or swap out Bush for Bailey? 

I'm actually OKAY with the Sox not mortaging more future assests for 2 years of Marte.  He's a really good player, but shedding another wave of players for that is on the downside for me.

I don't think the Sox will overtake the Twins this season and I don't think they will win enough to be a WC.  In my mind, you are only getting 1 year of control of Marte at that point for pieces that could be impactful in 3 or so years when we are actually competing.

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Trading 2 low level players is not mortgaging the future.  They're gonna be drafting 40 more of them in a few months.  

Yeah I think I would have been fine with it. He would be your starting RF making your defense better and your backup CF so you wouldn't really need Engel.

9 hours ago, pcq said:

Will not miss (Puig) him. Distraction. 

I agree. In fact I was not even happy to see Luis Robert sporting the Puig styled dyed hair at Sox Fest.  Hopefully Robert does not borrow anything else from Puig, like his attitude.

3 hours ago, tray said:

I agree. In fact I was not even happy to see Luis Robert sporting the Puig styled dyed hair at Sox Fest.  Hopefully Robert does not borrow anything else from Puig, like his attitude.

You’re linking his hair style to potential attitude problems?  Good god man you need to get with the times because you constantly come across as some whiny curmudgeon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re linking his hair style to potential attitude problems?  Good god man you need to get with the times because you constantly come across as some whiny curmudgeon.

What's wrong with being a whiny curmudgeon?  That description fits half the people on this board.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

What's wrong with being a whiny curmudgeon?  That description fits half the people on this board.

Hey, present company excluded. I'm old, but I'm not "whiny," nor bad-tempered. All of these very young multi-millionaires are prone to ill-advised behaviour. Awarding tens of millions of dollars to young men, in their early 20's, in our current social culture, what could possibly go wrong? Hopefully, Abreu will provide some positive role model suggestions, minus the tobacco chewing. At any rate, I'm glad that Puig was not added to this likeable group of players.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You turned an innocuous light spirited comment about a player's hair dye into a vengeful; personal attack against a poster.  Instead of responding in kind I  will simply ignore any future comments by you. Fine by me if you do the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1