Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

WARNING: PROBABLY FAKE

Whoever this guy is, he is really putting all his credibility on the line and getting very specific.

He's got 2500 followers. I don't think he's got a lot to lose here.

23 hours ago, fathom said:

He’s a fraud. He had a similar account last year.

Still, though, the Betts rumors are heating up quite a bit. Bloom got no biters on Price so they have to do something. No one seemed to be in a hurry to help them out. I wouldn't expect too much for Betts . Probably not Verdugo .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Pictures on White Sox Official site of equipment truck being loaded for SP.  Not long now people.

Spring training games in 22 days

Sox have a home game in 55 days. Tomorrow you’ll be able to say baseball season starts next month. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Pictures on White Sox Official site of equipment truck being loaded for SP.  Not long now people.

Boston does something they call "truck day" which is a celebration of their equipment trucks going down to Florida for the start of spring training a week before players show up.  Usually it's this week or next iirc.  Sox could do something like that and market it a bit.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Boston does something they call "truck day" which is a celebration of their equipment trucks going down to Florida for the start of spring training a week before players show up.  Usually it's this week or next iirc.  Sox could do something like that and market it a bit.

Why? Nothing is exciting about that. Just put it on the charter jet like they do for every other game. If it is spring training only just ship it to AZ to avoid shipping it twice.  

35 minutes ago, Spicygar said:

Why? Nothing is exciting about that. Just put it on the charter jet like they do for every other game. If it is spring training only just ship it to AZ to avoid shipping it twice.  

Because when you get to February...you can see baseball starting if you squint.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, poppysox said:

Because when you get to February...you can see baseball starting if you squint.

It's a good day imo.

February 1st is a huge date on the calendar for any sports fan.    Super Bowl.  Then signals the start of CBB tourney season and spring training, and then obviously the Big Dance and the start of real MLB.  Meanwhile you've got the PGA Tour in full swing on the west coast (leading up to Pebble Beach and then the Masters) and the NBA is winding down for ASW and then gearing up for the final playoff push.

If you're into soccer, it's the meat of the Cup and League season for all major Euro leagues, and this year we also have WCQ starting.

For Chicago folks and most of NA above the mason dixon line it's also the time you start to notice the days getting longer and here in the PNW usually the 2nd week of February starts gardening season and the end of "winter" (at least any real chance of snow in the lowlands).

Today is a good day.

• Like 2

I never thought Puig was going to be a hot commodity but this offseason has been a surprise.  Looks like he could be had for not much other than incentive laced deal.  Maybe our Cuban clique could convince him to get serious about his career.  Nice bench piece with lots of upside at the right price.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I never thought Puig was going to be a hot commodity but this offseason has been a surprise.  Looks like he could be had for not much other than incentive laced deal.  Maybe our Cuban clique could convince him to get serious about his career.  Nice bench piece with lots of upside at the right price.

I’d take him if he came cheap but he isn’t a perfect fit because of that clubhouse cancer shadow around him and also he actually has reverse splits and hits righties better than lefties as a righty-handed hitter.  He would be nice corner outfield insurance for injuries to Eloy or Mazara but he’s not a great platoon-mate for Mazara in RF.

18 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’d take him if he came cheap but he isn’t a perfect fit because of that clubhouse cancer shadow around him and also he actually has reverse splits and hits righties better than lefties as a righty-handed hitter.  He would be nice corner outfield insurance for injuries to Eloy or Mazara but he’s not a great platoon-mate for Mazara in RF.

So start him in RF since he's a better fielder than Mazara.  I never wanted Puig really but he's still an upgrade over what we have currently.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/chicago-white-sox-nike-alternate-2020-authentic-team-jersey-black/o-3421+t-69448601+p-81389800910+z-9-874551563?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

Please tell me that the Sox aren't going to wear this hideous top this year. I fear they will be, as I doubt Nike would make an on-field jersey for no reason

That looks like a spring training jersey

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/chicago-white-sox-nike-alternate-2020-authentic-team-jersey-black/o-3421+t-69448601+p-81389800910+z-9-874551563?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

Please tell me that the Sox aren't going to wear this hideous top this year. I fear they will be, as I doubt Nike would make an on-field jersey for no reason

I'm just tired of the black alternates altogether.  

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Spring Training.

I was never a fan of the 83 jerseys but the Nike lettering is so big, it makes them look like a Chinese knockoff.

Edited by Dick Allen

23 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I've long thought it would be cool to do the right kind of uniform refresh to coincide with the Sox coming out of the rebuild, but this is not what I had in mind.

53 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I love that, but it seems I'm in the minority.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run