Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Spring Training.

I was never a fan of the 83 jerseys but the Nike lettering is so big, it makes them look like a Chinese knockoff.

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think those are the same spring training jerseys as last year, just a Nike version

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

That looks like a spring training jersey

I thought so, but typically the authentic ST jersey are less in cost than the authentic regular jerseys. I guess things may have changed with Nike, but IIRC that's always how it was

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/chicago-white-sox-nike-alternate-2020-authentic-team-jersey-black/o-3421+t-69448601+p-81389800910+z-9-874551563?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

Please tell me that the Sox aren't going to wear this hideous top this year. I fear they will be, as I doubt Nike would make an on-field jersey for no reason

No need for the old English with the mod batter. Use a white sock and diamond on the sleeve.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think they should ditch the black alternate and wear the one they wore on players day last year. Looked like the ATL navy tops with the two layer lettering and numbering.

I'd be good with that.  I always thought black on black and white on white would be a cool look for the Sox, but fear that the negative fan reaction to some of the poorly-designed white-on-whites from players' day may have poisoned the well on that idea.

I think the Sox black on black players weekend looked bad ass, but totally didn't like the look on other teams.

I would love a new Alt/Sunday jersey personally.  The 83s were fun for a while, but now  they feel old and tired and representative of some really bad rebuilding baseball.  This young squad needs a fresh new Alt jersey.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Marco Gonsales signs 4 year extension with M's; hopefully this means we won't have to hear about dumb Marco trades any longer.

Seems like a pretty fair deal for both sides although if I'm the Mariners I'm not exactly sure what the rush is to lock him up given you just started a rebuild.  He has less trade value now imo.

Just read somewhere that Puig and Holt are the last two remaining top 50 free agents.  I hope were in on them...particularly Holt.  He would probably be handy and cheap.  As I have mention before...Puig is interesting at a price and see if our Cuban clique can keep him in line.  I know the arguments against Puig but just wondering if we could catch lightning in a bottle for cheap.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Just read somewhere that Puig and Holt are the last two remaining top 50 free agents.  I hope were in on them...particularly Holt.  He would probably be handy and cheap.  As I have mention before...Puig is interesting at a price and see if our Cuban clique can keep him in line.  I know the arguments against Puig but just wondering if we could catch lightning in a bottle for cheap.

Then how can you even suggest it?

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

One would think the staff talked to Jose and some of the other Cubans on the team for their input on Puig. Maybe it was a resounding no.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Nothing screams “WS here we come!” like having a player who’s “handy and cheap”

14 hours ago, poppysox said:

Those same arguments were used to bad mouth AJ...yet he worked out pretty well.

Not the same arguments unless you have a list of arguments against both players.

There's no doubt AJ was a grade A asshole. He traded people badly. And opponents hated him and so did many of his team mates. As far as I know he didn't get punched in the face in a bar brawl with a bouncer or refuse to listen to his coaches or get quoted as saying he didn't play hard until he was in a contract year.

I tried to find something about AJ getting in trouble with the law . All I could find was he got a speeding ticket in Spring training one year with the Sox without incident. Apparently he knew when NOT to be an asshole.

It's one thing to be an asshole to people but another if you think you know more than your coaches and get in trouble with the law and don't work hard or hustle.

So basically they aren't the same arguments.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

14 hours ago, RTC said:

Nothing screams “WS here we come!” like having a player who’s “handy and cheap”

Yes, I prefer expensive and useless.  In seriousness, every team should pray for players on its roster who are handy and cheap, particularly in a bench role.  If Holt comes relatively cheap he'd be a great addition to this roster.