Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Pug fugly for sure, but i can't knock a team for having a retractable dome when we still don't have any in Chicago.

With the money they paid for this thing, they could have done better than Texas aluminum siding emporium 

• Haha 2

That's the new Texas Hobo outlet. I see the Jay's have no place to play unless they get border crossings allowed. They were going to use the Trop but Florida has gone viral. Buffalo was also suggested. 

https://es.pn/3eCJ3qF

Apparently the Rangers were also forcing all their employees to come into their office by saying “we don’t require you to come in but that’s a nice job you have I bet it would suck to lose it” and now their front office employees are getting sick. They were also using the building for some high school graduation ceremonies.

David Price opts out for the season.

I have mad respect for Price after this entire off-season. First he paid Dodgers MiLB player he felt were being shafted by the system out of his own pocket, and then he decides the season isn't worth the risk to his family so forgoes the money and sits out. Commendable stuff from Price this off-season, even if you want baseball as much as I do.

Thanks to all of the US covidiocy Toronto has yet to designate a home ballpark. Canada has closed borders with the US and has not agreed to admit visiting ballplayers. It is not clear if they will. Since Florida is a hot mess that leaves Buffalo as a likely fallback. It also raises questions about teams traveling to FL or TX hotspots. The players may think twice about playing games there. That could put four more teams into a homeless situation. The border situation provides rich irony over US visitation politics.