Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iWiN4PreP

Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

 

looks like a Red Sox move. Also telling his followers not to go to bed

Eyeballs were so much cooler when they came from WSD being wrong about someone.  They are no longer original.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mqr said:

So many Cubs fans are way to cool with dumping Bryant

From what I read around, they don't like that he's filing a grievance and feel he's too "entitled". So I guess there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

From what I read around, they don't like that he's filing a grievance and feel he's too "entitled". So I guess there's that.

It’s ironic how baseball’s “lovable losers” have evolved into a corporate machine that rubs a lot of their fans the wrong way. Bryant has every right to file that grievance. What the hell dis the Cubs think he was going to do?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I hope they have to throw in Gore + another elite prospect(s) or something just to get rid of him. 

He’s not a complete lost cause. The two main issues that derailed him in 2019 are Padres tried to stick him at CF when he didn’t have the range, and offensively he sold out contact for power and that led to a huge spike in K%. In a little over 80 games in 2018, he was worth 1.6 fWAR, so there’s still a good player in there. That said, if Sox feel like they could help cut down his K rate and if Padres are willing to add a Morejon or Abrams, I’d definitely consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

That said, if Sox feel like they could help cut down his K rate and if Padres are willing to add a Morejon or Abrams, I’d definitely consider it.

I honestly don't think Hahn is going to deal with Preller for a while. Just my opinion though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read yesterday that Rizzo included all of his scouts in the WS shares. So glad that guy won a WS, he can be arrogant and he screwed over the sox, but he runs a damn good FO and rewards his players well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

From what I read around, they don't like that he's filing a grievance and feel he's too "entitled". So I guess there's that.

Biting the hand that feeds you never looks attractive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Biting the hand that feeds you never looks attractive.  

I'd argue Bryant has fed the Cubs way more than they ever fed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Orlando said:

 

looks like a Red Sox move. Also telling his followers not to go to bed

LOL I hope a lot of people lost sleep because of some twitter rumor around the country last night.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Read yesterday that Rizzo included all of his scouts in the WS shares. So glad that guy won a WS, he can be arrogant and he screwed over the sox, but he runs a damn good FO and rewards his players well. 

How so?   The Eaton trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldsox said:

How so?   The Eaton trade?

Actually struggling to remember. I think he backed out of a three way trade where we netted Edwin Jackson, but I think we wanted him to go to Nats for Dunn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

Actually struggling to remember. I think he backed out of a three way trade where we netted Edwin Jackson, but I think we wanted him to go to Nats for Dunn. 

You’re right, it was something related to Edwin Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×