Sign in to follow this  
iWiN4PreP

Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

9 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Eyeballs were so much cooler when they came from WSD being wrong about someone. 聽They are no longer original.

Obsessed much?

• Haha 1

I remember somewhere Padres wanting to dump Myers and including a prospect.. Who could we get?聽 Pitino, Trammel? Weathers? Abrams, Campusano?聽 They have an AWESOME system.. I'd be interested to see what prospect we could get back.聽 He'd have to be strong and then I'd just DH Myers for a year or two while being a corner OF backup plan.聽聽

Edited by cjgalloway

Grandal is wearing #24 for anyone interested. Not sure why they would shop an 8 onto him in all the post-signing stuff.聽

42 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

I remember somewhere Padres wanting to dump Myers and including a prospect.. Who could we get?聽 Pitino, Trammel? Weathers? Abrams, Campusano?聽 They have an AWESOME system.. I'd be interested to see what prospect we could get back.聽 He'd have to be strong and then I'd just DH Myers for a year or two while being a corner OF backup plan.聽聽

Myers is owed 20 million a year the next 3 years and has negative WAR. The WSox shouldn't ever entertain this.聽 This is something the Marlins, Tigers, Orioles, et cetera should look to do.聽 That contract is awful.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What a boring winter meetings week so far.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the action days. It's 11am there.

Henry Schulman

@hankschulman

38s

I couldn't get close enough to Scott Boras for his scrum. (I did see the brand new Boras Corp. logo jacket and backdrop he brought. Cool.) But am hearing the #SFGiants interest in one of his clients, Nick Castellanos is genuine. And a HUGE nugget: Castellanos loves Sausalito.

You really got to wonder what the Giants are thinking. Huge outfield that is very tough to play, Castellanos power already didn't play up in Comerica and they want to bring him to a tougher hitting platform, and the team is no where near being able to compete within their division. Some baseball teams do things that just baffle my mind.

A follow up:

A lot has been made about a Castellanos comment on not liking Comerica because it's so big. In the end, I believe money, chance to win, geography, etc.. will be his biggest factors. #SFGiants
How does "chance to win" and Giants fit in the same sentence? Giants are in one of the worst positions in baseball at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

A follow up:

A lot has been made about a Castellanos comment on not liking Comerica because it's so big. In the end, I believe money, chance to win, geography, etc.. will be his biggest factors. #SFGiants
How does "chance to win" and Giants fit in the same sentence? Giants are in one of the worst positions in baseball at the moment.

Not sure I get the "geography" part either.聽 He's from Florida.

1 minute ago, SoxFanForever said:

Not sure I get the "geography" part either.聽 He's from Florida.

He said that Castellanos "loves" Sausalito... which is weird to hear from a guy from Florida who has played mostly east.

I like SD a lot too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to move there tomorrow.

I mean, all things being equal, if I were a millionaire many times over, I too would probably rather live on the west coast.聽聽

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, all things being equal, if I were a millionaire many times over, I too would probably rather live on the west coast.聽聽

I'd have about 5 houses anyway. I'd space them out by region and how I feel at the time. Or,聽by which of my sets聽of girlfriends I'd like to see for whatever reason.聽

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Seriously tho - what a snoozer.聽 Legitimately nothing has occurred today around the league.聽聽

And the only thing interesting about Stras was the money.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

9 million. More than I thought the guy would get. What a spiraling disaster last year was for him.聽

Man, even mediocre SP options are getting paid a good chunk of change. 聽Lyles and Gausman...

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Man, even mediocre SP options are getting paid a good chunk of change. 聽Lyles and Gausman...

Gausman was due to make 10 million in arb so hes still getting less than that.聽

He was just do bad after switching leagues.聽