Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That twitter chain just shows how miserable White Sox fans are.

On twitter, they honestly appear to be the most miserable group of fans in professional sports and it's nauseating to read. 

Your statement is nothing but bs, I have zero interest replying to every comment you make on this site but this i will, the White Sox fan base is no different  than any teams fan base. I see even the Yankees fans cry like a baby when they don't get some player, we have garbage ownership, and garbage management, enough of being the White Sox mouth piece.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

That random reddit user who nailed everything said that Ryu was the Angels primary pitching target.  My guess is that he ends up there.  If the Sox step up to the plate and offer Keuchel a 4 year deal, I think the Sox will get him.  If not, he'll end up signing a 3 year deal with one of the Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Blue Jays, etc.

1 hour ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Your statement is nothing but bs, I have zero interest replying to every comment you make on this site but this i will, the White Sox fan base is no different  than any teams fan base. I see even the Yankees fans cry like a baby when they don't get some player, we have garbage ownership, and garbage management, enough of being the White Sox mouth piece.

Pal, the white sox were mentioned nowhere in the Heyman tweet yet the entire comment chain was taken over by sox fans ripping the organization. As someone who uses twitter to solely follow baseball news I can tell you every fan base is not the same. The rangers, or example, have gotten destroyed on twitter but those attacks are centralized on tweets naming the rangers or on ranger beat writers. You dont see 1000 ranger fans attacking national tweets that arent about the rangers. You dont see ranger fans flooding a player like delmonico's twitter/instagram blasting him as a person and etc.

Sox twitter, at this point in time, is the most toxic fanbase on baseball twitter. 

Sox fans arent crying about missing out on wheeler. They're crying every single time any player signs with any team. They cried about a minor league signing for god sakes.

Also, I dont care if you dont reply to what I say. Was that supposed to be some shot at me? Sorry, I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for your thoughts. Hopefully I'll do better in the future to make you like me more lol

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Cashman was on MLB Network yesterday talking about the Cole signing. He used phrases such as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Ownership wanted to do this for the fans." "Ownership is committed to winning at all costs." "We know there is significant risk in this contract, but it takes risks to win championships."

And so on. The White Sox cant be the Yankees.. but they aren't even one tenth of the Yankees. The Yankees are the deer you just ran over with your car, the Sox are a fly you ran into.

The Sox have built this reality that they live in. Is Sox Twitter too toxic? Tough shit, maybe they should stop being such a risk adverse piece of garbage franchise and give the fans something to be excited about.

The Yankees have been targeting Cole since he was 18 years old. He was brian Cashmans favorite pitching prospect in the entirety of his career. Cole was his most sought after player. 

I agree with your premise but dont really think the sox have a comparable situation. Cashman was obsessed with cole.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Yankees have been targeting Cole since he was 18 years old. He was brian Cashmans favorite pitching prospect in the entirety of his career. Cole was his most sought after player. 

I agree with your premise but dont really think the sox have a comparable situation. Cashman was obsessed with cole.

No doubt... Cole never would have happened. But imagine those same kinds of words coming out of Hahn's mouth had the Sox given Wheeler an offer he couldn't refuse? Maybe the Sox weren't obsessed with Wheeler, but he was their target and now their offseason appears to be falling apart. It just sucks, man. I'm sick of JR ownership. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

No doubt... Cole never would have happened. But imagine those same kinds of words coming out of Hahn's mouth had the Sox given Wheeler an offer he couldn't refuse? Maybe the Sox weren't obsessed with Wheeler, but he was their target and now their offseason appears to be falling apart. It just sucks, man. I'm sick of JR ownership. 

Instead we get crap like "Jerry really stepped up to the plate by having the 'top' offer for Wheeler".

More like "Once again didn't want to bid against himself to get the player they wanted".